Things I've learned to do here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been a member since July and it has taken me awhile to figure how to do some things here with posts and whatnot. I hope others will post their tips as well - in an effort to help new members avoid some frustration we will have felt in the beginning.

To begin with, if you are viewing a long thread and want to see the most recent posts without leaving the thread, hit F5 on your keyboard to refresh the page. It saves time...LOL!!

I am not a rocket scientist so I hope others will share their tips here and we can keep this bumped up.

Happy posting y'all! :lilangel:
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Great thread from a very wise woman.
    I learned that there is a (ABC check mark) at the top of where I am posting that corrects my bad spelling.All I have to do is type out the word, as it sounds and hit that check mark...WALAHAAA.Spell check is WONDERFUL !!!!!!
    I just used it now and found out that there are 2Rs in corect,or I mean Correct...LOL
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

One thing I learned recently is when I'm worried about someone I can check their posts by clicking on their name. I greet a lot of newbies and sometimes "lose" them in threads. This is a great way to kind of keep up with them and make sure they're okay.

Nice idea for this thread!
      Be
      "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

I recently figured out the quote thing.....major duh!
        Gabby :flower:

Comment

thanks on the f5

lol

what else?
          Gabby :flower:

Comment

If you click on "Go Advanced" to make a reply, you can also select "preview post" so you can see it as it will appear. I find this helpful when using special fonts and smiles - for like when a member reaches 30 days, has a birthday, etc.
            LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Gabby...Tell me the quote thing.I DON'T get it..

Comment

Evie.Lou;491687 wrote: Gabby...Tell me the quote thing.I DON'T get it..
                Evie. Just click on quote on this post, begin to write a response, and you will see this post on yours......i think?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

great thread, i am still learning and plough through pages of posts, i love the F5, thanks ltg et al x
                  Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

To start your own thread, go to "Forum Jump" at the bottom of the page, on the right. Select the forum that you want to post to, then click "Go". Click on "Forum Tools", then "Post a New Thread".
                    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

This isn't a tip but it's a question. Why do some people want to be "invisible" when they're signed on? I dont' get that?
                      Be
                      "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

I think that some people want to just read in privacy, and not post.I have used the invisible mode once or twice when I didn't want to answer PMs so that could be another reason.

Comment

Working...
                        X