Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tuesday nights heroin addiction documentary (uk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, did anyone else watch this? I was home alone (hubby went to office xmas party, got bladdered)! Anyway, this was really powerful and moving. It was a story of a man about my age, 35 or so, and his struggle with the drug. His parents were involved the whole time, as was the rest of his family. It was harrowing to view. He died. At the end of the doc, he said 'Why am i doing this to myself? I know it's taking everything from me, i know it's going to kill me. i don't want to, but i can't help myself' What a truly, truly, devastating and emotional thing to watch. On a par i think with 'rain in my heart', which was purely based on alcoholics. They're just the same though, when you think about it. All about addictions and outcomes.

summer x

I watched it. very upsetting, but a true real life account of what addiction can do to you.
    Ben: Diary of a Heroin Addict - Telegraph
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Hi Cym, will just click on your link. did you also watch rain in my heart?

Comment

Jesus, cym, that was awful! He looked just like my son. The process is horrific, self destruction. I hope we can all find it within ourselves to overcome it. But how do you do it? And how to educate your children? It's bad enough with them saying that 'you don't trust me' etc etc. It is available, cheap and socially acceptable. I WOULD like though to make a show of all the bad (i.e death) that can come of these addictions available to schools nationwide, heck, worldwide. I worry for my kids, I worry for my granchildren still to come. I noticed that, when i turned over to ITV after that doc, that the first advert was for half price wine at Sainsburys. Oh Dear. x

Comment

A good post summer. The way that booze is pushed on us at Christmas at reduced prices is ridiculous. They really are asking for trouble. You can buy a bottle of 12% white wine in tesco for ?1.60 this christmas and famous grouse whiskey for ?9. Its one thing saying people should be sensible over Christmas, but by putting booze out at these prices and putting so much on advertising its asking for problems. the more they advertise, the more the price war between the major stores goes on, the more they reduce the prices. There are 6 large adverts for cheap booze in today's sun. And they wonder why the problem is getting worse and not better.
          I have watched rain summer, and though i hate to admit it, the guy who is downing the red wine in the programme reminds me alot of myself at worst. I was/am never a vodka drinker, but the first bottle of wine could be gone in 10 mins easy. I binge till i pass out, wake up and do the same for days, until i physically cant drink any more. Its somewhere i dont want to go back to as at 33, i am beginning to see that i am quickly killing myself, and i would like to live to see my children grow up.
          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

I agree, as will so many others. the 'please drink responsibly' tiny tiny little whispered comment on the end obviously absolves responsibiltiy! As for you relating to the wine drinker, i kind of related to the vodka drinker. Oh the shame. but, undeniably, the're ascpects of us all in any kind of thing like this. Blinking back a tear, summer x

Comment

Working...
            X