Real on my 10 months sober...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buckle, thanks for posting, although........you did just make me cry. As a mother especially, I can relate to so much of your post.

It really is so much better out the other side. And, just like you said.........anyone can do this. I urge all of you who remain `lost`, to find the courage to set yourselves free.

Star x
    Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Buckle, thank you for being so honest. I can so relate to so much of what you said and how you felt. It was a genuine, heart felt post again, thank you
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

I am speechless and teary eyed.....thank you
        :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

my dear you have done wonderfully,i wish you the best,i dont no what lanir is,the siccess rate for dependency facilities are low,you seem to have got it, you cant drink, gyco

Comment

Hi Buckle, I was smiling through tears as I read your beautiful post. It brought me back to a time when we were all pretty new here, struggling and trying to figure out our way out.....you, Bootsie, Star..so many of us....I remember your excitement and angst over going to Lenair.......and Baby! Look at you Now!! You have come so far......I am so deeply happy for you.

Love, Kate
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Buckle, so good to hear from you and your wonderful story. A beacon of light on a stormy sea for many. :l
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi !

First, I am in Austin Texas...Second, yes the truth will set you free....honesty I have found to be key.... the shame and hiding and lying to myself and others is what lead to my daily cycle of drinking...oh kate I do remember when we all started ...what a time that was...just clinging to eachother for hope and inspiration...i am still in touch with bootsie and she is doing great...I still need you all that much:H...doesnt everyone need others....I sure do...

I would love to hear what is working for all of you...

xx - love love love buckle

Comment

well done that was lovely post

Heavenly x
                  ?We are one another's angels?
                  Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Words can't describe how deeply your post has touched me.

Thank you.
                    Be
                    "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Buckle
                      Thank you for your honest post - congratulations you are amazing and an inspiration to me.
                      I can really relate to your story , it sounded so like mine, i'm 37 with 2 children, and was a daily wine drinker until earlier this year when i've really struggled to quit - managed 108 days once, but then tried to moderate - have learned the hard way after several attempts that I can't . I want to be Af for life , not just for me and my health but also for my children, and your post has really motivated me. I will keep going......thank you

Comment

awesome job keep it going
                        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Buckledown,

Thank you for sharing. Your story is my story, only the details differ. I have lived your pain and now I live your joy! Thank God! You have been and continue to be an inspiration to me! My sobritey trails you by 2 mos. These 8 mos. have been life changing. I hope for continually growing happiness for you and your loved ones! Sending blessings and hugs! Best
                          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

buckledown;492412 wrote:
                            I notice beauty in things i had missed for years...I cherish the hugs and laughter from my children and husband...the sunset, the colors, the softness of a warm bed, that taste of a delicious meal - so much......I no longer live in shame...I hold my head up high...I am proud of myself and my choices...i love life and getting into bed at the end of the day and falling asleep feeling good...really thankful for my life.
                            What a simply beautiful and inspirational post! I am coming up on six months soon and sometimes am stunned by the beauty around me. The other day Jack Frost frosted our front window and I stared at it in wonder where before I would have stumbled off for aspirin. Life is beautiful again! :h
                            You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Great post, Buckle.....we're all so proud of you. It's been fun watching you grow....

Don

Comment

Congrats! Isn't it great to be in charge of life, instead of the alcohol directing everything.
                                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                                X