Army Thread 12th December 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll all find a way to meet in Florida....that would be so wonderful and Oney would LOVE St. Augustin e, Evie. That city is SOOO charming!
    "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Good Day Army
      So glad to Finally be home. Had to stay at work two and a half hours more because the Day shift could not get in; so many downed trees and power lines. Governor declared a State of Emergency. 308,000 people in my state without power. I am one of the lucky ones. Both of my Angels are home safe, and now, so is Mom. We were on back up generator at work all night. I have never seen anything like this.
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Well I can certainly be in Florida in August! Lots of work to be done on my house; unfortunately I'll have a tenant in there then, so I can't invite folks to stay there with me... but I have reserved the right to stay there, myself (tenant is a single guy, and is actually the next-door-neighbor who is re-building his own house).

Pretty durn warm in Florida in August...

Yes, St. Augustine is wonderful...

Y'all keep me posted, OK?

Krigs, I am doing OK, today and tomorrow is my mother's estate sale and I am feeling very sad, strange, etc. It's gotta be done, and yet it feels like a betrayal. But I'll get through it. I have boxes and boxes of the stuff of hers that I am keeping, at least it is all over at my house now, and I am gradually getting it better organized so I can put it all away somewhere.

Lots of old, old letters... amazing stuff.... hundreds of photos...

Comment

Think we cross posted WIP. I feel for you with the estate sale. It was very difficult to go through my Mom's things when she passed. I hope your Mom is doing ok. Sending you hugs.
          BTW guys I am going to Florida, probably the last week of February to visit my Dad. I am trying to meet up with tlrgs and Caysea, and anyone else that would like to get together.

Comment

I would love to meet up Sea...Keep me posted
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

WIP is RIGHT...August is HOT in Florida.Our Inn is in the OLD CITY near the City Gates and all the Attractions.An easy walk to most everything and a Trolley stop out front, if you prefer to ride.Vilano Beach is only 2 miles and it is GREAT even in the summer, at the beach.
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

A hour until hubby's works do, plan is either to remain AF or if I do decide to have a drink, stop at 3. Will update later!
                Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Will do Evielou. That would be So Awesome!!!

Comment

Ahh Vladders
                    I hope u make the choice that makes you feel good. I know for me. I cannot tough one drink. Alcohol for me, is poison. I love ya Vlads, and just want u to be happy.

Comment

Oh and...

STAY AWAY FROM THE VODKA! :H
                      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

I am going to eat and get some sleep. Back to work tonight, and it is going to be an icy commute. Love to all. I will check in later.

Comment

Later Sea!

Comment

Yep, she's on at the moment.

Comment

Don't think I have your number O2M, but thanks anyway!

Comment

Good luck vlad!
                                I couldn't face going to my hubby's christmas do tonight, not strong enough will power -free bar, lovely food, nice hotel overnight
                                Instead I have no bar, crap food, a bed for one, don't even have TV as the rabbits ate the cable last night, at least I still have the PC

xx
                                There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Working...
                                X