The Buzzzzzzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Buzzzzzzz

Can anyone tell me why they need to get a buzz from drinking? I drink to get 'the high' it brings...then continue to drink to maintaine it. My husband drinks moderately, has no problems stopping..and is generally a fairly happy person. He doesnt crave that feeling of buzzing that I want. Why do I need, yearn, strive for a god damn buzz????!!!!! Why can't i just be happy to sit like a normal person and sip, enjoying the company of others? If anyone has any comments on this...I would love to hear them. IF I can learn to realise that I don't need to get a buzz..then maybe I wont have the desire to find it. Or is that just me being mad! Bella XXX

The Buzzzzzzz

I think we react physically in a different way to normal drinkers- my BF doesnt drink- he has an alcoholic drink maybe once a year- he just doesn't like it. I don't think they get the buzz!

I also think eventually we don't really drink for the buzz either- as the alcoholism becomes more advanced I think in the end one drinks just to try to feel normal.

Comment

The Buzzzzzzz

Hi there Bella. For me, i didn't drink to get a buzz, i drank to get numb. And yes, it felt good, and i looked good, until the next day! I don't have any particular issues, so i'm not sure why...Maybe i was scared of success? And i've learnt i can't moderate, like 'normal' people. I've strayed from your question a bit......hope you're well, G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

The Buzzzzzzz

Bella...we do it because we are alcoholics. We have crossed the line of enjoying a drink. Our bodies have become dependent on alcohol. We have adjusted to the physical and mental needs of booze, and when we have one drink, our brain clicks that gear into action and we crave more. It is much like smoking. People have a fag, dont like it, so dont smoke anymore, but once you have that second, third your body craves the nicotine, and one is never enough. if people havent crossed the line, they can mod, but for us its one or the other. We drink or we dont. Its a choice that we make. Not the booze.
        I hope all is well. Cym xx
        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

The Buzzzzzzz

Well said Cymru.
          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
          X