Christmas and new years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas and new years

boy im getting really depressed about christmas and new years.. its such a bad time of the year, and im not sure about the whole thing this year.. snd all that has happened this year in my life....

FREAKING OUT..

karl

an alcoholic is someone you don't like, that drinks as much as you do

Christmas and new years

i find these holiday times as a way to relax, sit back and doo nothing at all. worried about the partys and the free flowing of alcohol ... i understand. wot i find best is to go early when invited anywhere ... eat all their good food, have some dessert, make sure you get something to GO and kindly depart early. ... :l

Comment

Christmas and new years

I used to DREAD Holidays.I Mom passed on New Years eve and I used that as an excuse to drink myself silly, every year.It has taking tremendous hard work, but I am Sober.
      This year I am feeling so much more at Peace. It's a whole new LIFE.
      I wish the same for ALL OF YOU..
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Christmas and new years

We never drank on Holiday.. a professional drunk will do it in privacy. saved for them times no one was around .. i am sad Karl not many post came to you. You are young and need some ideas how to handle such. Volunteer work could keep you busy and AA offers meetings every day. Support is the only way to have safe thoughts and doo right. Holiday time is drink time when there is TOO much time OFF. so KEEP busy!!! :l:l:l

Comment

Christmas and new years

Hi Karl,
          How are things?
          I am a bit freaked out over the whole Christmas & New Year thing too, for me it has always totally revolved around booze etc. etc. but this year I am trying to think of it as a couple of nice days that I can spend with my husband and kids. I am also not putting myself under any pressure this year, 'having' to go to other people's houses, go out etc..just going to stay at home and enjoy it.
          I know a lot has gone on for you this year and not sure what way things lie with your ex who I also know your feelings are strong for.Is there anyway you could do something different this year, just to get out of the usual routines, get out of town for a couple of days, do something else to change the scene.
          There are a lot of us here that are going to be struggling this time of year too so keep checking in and posting

xx
          There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Christmas and new years

Best of luck to you Karl. Hope you continue to post and get some good advice here. A lot of us are going through the same issues.

Mich
            :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
            AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

Christmas and new years

Think of 2009 as a new start. 08 will be behind you, and this time next year you can look on 09 as being the year you started to make the changes in your life that you needed to do.
              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Christmas and new years

hey all yeah i think newyears day will be day 1 for af again for me.. mad my mindup. this is stupid what im doing. start fresh in 2009!!!

an alcoholic is someone you don't like, that drinks as much as you do

Comment

Working...
                X