Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread 15th December

Morning All,

This soldier overslept and is very late on parade this morning.
    But I have my priorities right and decided that checking in here is most important :H
    Brain is a bit dead right now so I will just say have a fabulous day all and see you later
    xxx
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Morning Starting,
    and I thought I was the only one up and about at this hour!
    I have been up and down like a yo yo all night. Have been finding it very hard to sleep lately plus combined with a ton of stuff I have to get finished for work this week
    But I agree checking in here is most important and helping me to keep sane!(just)

Hope everyone has a good day

xx
    There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Morning everyone, I am still feeling unwell and I have a lot of things to do today so crawling back to bed is not an option! Hope everyone is well x

Comment

Starts/Bandit/Sweets!! LOve this time of day when y'all are just waking up and the army is rattling its dags!! Been a peaceful day here, rained all morning, warm and sunny all afternoon.

Court lady was very lovely, and kind and gentle soul. Didn't learn much though lol - but we DID talk about addiction vs recovery. So was able to educate her a little, and she me with her version of spirituality. (AND A mini CHristmas mince tart recipe!)

Been to AA this evening, always good for this alkie.

Cuppa tea time - wishing you 3 and all to come a happy and well day
        *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

And Sweets - look after yourself - make sure you eat healthily today ( especially as you are feeling a bit crook), take time out to rest if you need to - have a great big fruity smoothie if you can stomach it! Be well x

Comment

morning all. Just woke up, and the first thing I did was get my ipod and post this. What a great addiction!! Hope everyone is well.
            Kap.. So jealous for those warm summer evenings. Do you have hells pizza where you are? They were good!
            Bandy... Hope your feeling o.k. Remember, you can call me anytime you want to chat.
            Sweet... Sorry to hear your feeling rough, but hey, were doing good!
            Starts... Get to work!!
            Have a great day and evening all. I'm off to buy the paper.
            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

I was reading an article on smoothies in caterer mag the other day. I try and have one every day to make up my five a day. Did you know that a smothie has more sugar in one small bottle than a can of coke! It is natural sugar, but still a large intake in one shot, as smoothies are usually drank quickly. It said still better to have them, but it was an interesting read for sure.
              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

cymru;495150 wrote: I was reading an article on smoothies in caterer mag the other day. I try and have one every day to make up my five a day. Did you know that a smothie has more sugar in one small bottle than a can of coke! It is natural sugar, but still a large intake in one shot, as smoothies are usually drank quickly. It said still better to have them, but it was an interesting read for sure.
                Morning all! Freezing here- we are at just 1 degree, and my washing was all icy.

I think thhe best way for the 5 a day is to make a smoothie with fresh fruit- something I am trying to do everyday as part of my new 'good habits' list (to replace the old bad ones)

Have a great day all- this soldier has to hurry today :h

Comment

Morning Marbs. Hope your well.
                  To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Ahoy there cy and marbs!! Agreeing with you 110% re positive MWO and Ipod addiction,cy! Also minor fruit smoothie addict - average about 3 a week...Hell's pizza in Christchurch, cy, shite - we don't even have a f*cking souvlaki bar here - that is my favourite takeaway, and I always have one when I head "over the hill" - to the city, which is only about 3 hours' drive away, and thanks to my dear Vea and his alcoholism landing him in the can, my souvlaki needs are fulfilled!

WELL!!! I have just received an email from my daughter's foster mother (total evil SLAG) that I am "booked" to see my daughter Mary Rose (GET THIS, GUYS) for HALF an HOUR in a FUCKING GOVERNMENT DEPTARTMENT OFFICE for my Christmas visit, (This Friday 11am)

I am GOING TO VENT HERE, please, please bear with me ....THIS WOMAN IS SOOOO FUCKING AWFUL, it is very hard to "work my recovery programme" of compassion, tolerance and love with her in it. In the past I have relapsed MANY times over her awful, horrible attitude towards me.

I know she is insecure, and neurotic, and that helps me a wee bit...But I SWEAR, she is the kind of woman who would buy me a bottle of vodka as a gift as she HATES it when I get sober and well.

SORRY!! Just I know that this thread is supportive, and many of you have read my story, and this situation with my daughter is a HUGE part of my difficulty remaining sober in the past. RESENTMENT is big tripper-upper for me, and I need to deal with it. It is real hard though.

I WILL attend, I will just let the social worker know that I will NOT have Helen in the same room as me and my daughter (for that precious half hour) under ANY circumstances. It really is INSANE.

I WILL NOT DRINK OVER THIS>

Thanks.

Comment

An interesting read for us smootie lovers!
                      'Healthy fruit smoothies more sugary than cola' | Mail Online
                      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Thats terrible kap. I know your strong though. Half a fecking hour though. Hello, how are you, merry christmas, goodbye. Not good. Some people can just be like that kap. The foster mum prob doesnt like herself much and it makes it worse when she sees you sorting yourself out. Is she completley unapproachable?
                        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

kaponium;495156 wrote: Ahoy there cy and marbs!! Agreeing with you 110% re positive MWO and Ipod addiction,cy! Also minor fruit smoothie addict - average about 3 a week...Hell's pizza in Christchurch, cy, shite - we don't even have a f*cking souvlaki bar here - that is my favourite takeaway, and I always have one when I head "over the hill" - to the city, which is only about 3 hours' drive away, and thanks to my dear Vea and his alcoholism landing him in the can, my souvlaki needs are fulfilled!

WELL!!! I have just received an email from my daughter's foster mother (total evil SLAG) that I am "booked" to see my daughter Mary Rose (GET THIS, GUYS) for HALF an HOUR in a FUCKING GOVERNMENT DEPTARTMENT OFFICE for my Christmas visit, (This Friday 11am)

I am GOING TO VENT HERE, please, please bear with me ....THIS WOMAN IS SOOOO FUCKING AWFUL, it is very hard to "work my recovery programme" of compassion, tolerance and love with her in it. In the past I have relapsed MANY times over her awful, horrible attitude towards me.

I know she is insecure, and neurotic, and that helps me a wee bit...But I SWEAR, she is the kind of woman who would buy me a bottle of vodka as a gift as she HATES it when I get sober and well.

SORRY!! Just I know that this thread is supportive, and many of you have read my story, and this situation with my daughter is a HUGE part of my difficulty remaining sober in the past. RESENTMENT is big tripper-upper for me, and I need to deal with it. It is real hard though.

I WILL attend, I will just let the social worker know that I will NOT have Helen in the same room as me and my daughter (for that precious half hour) under ANY circumstances. It really is INSANE.

I WILL NOT DRINK OVER THIS>

Thanks.
                          Oh Kap- I am sorry to hear that she sounds like an absolute cow.

I guess you are gonna have to put up with it this time, but can't you see a sympathetic social worker to work towards proper visits with your daughter n the future?

Don't let this bitch get you down- I know you can't slip because of the naltrexone- well you can but nothing will happen, but don't let that vile woman spoil your day. Just keep her out of the room, you can still enjoy the visit with your daughter, then work towards something better for the future.

:l

Comment

Great post oney.
                            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Morning Oney, was just reading some of yesterday's thread, I am gonna buy that Cupcake book- I was just looking at her website- she sounds amazing.

Comment

Working...
                              X