Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regualr meals for healthy reoveries! Mind, body and soul!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

summer_holiday;495698 wrote: well that's great because so do i lol!!!! haven't got many fingernails left.....and am moody as hell but hey..........no drinking and no smoking! i want to say 'wooohoooo' but at the moment just feel like kicking the christmas tree to bits!!!!!!
    Sorry SH but I am wetting myself here :H
    Get some gum hun it really does work...
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Am glad someone around here is laughing!!!!! Am feeling right sorry for myself. No booze, no fags. Still, this is about healthy eating isn't it? so, for brekkie i had bran flakes (they go through you like nothing else so good for an afternoon weigh in!) lunch, sweets, sweets and more sweets. Dinner, well, thats still in the slow cooker. God knows what it'll taste like but at least chicken is healthy!! Tomorrow i'm on my wii fit and doing the hula hoops and step. While chewing the nic gum that i am going to try. For dinner tomorrow salmon taglietelle and tinsel!

Comment

What a great thread this is. Kapo, i love it.

Today i have eaten a chicken sandwich and a packet of crisp, 2 cans of red bull and 1 coffee. No water at all. I have prob smoked about 15 fags!

Comment

Well I think your doing great SH! The crap mood will go for sure...
          The gum will set your gob on fire like oney says but it is kind of nice in a perverse sort of way...)

Comment

Oney, I have not smoked a fag for 5 months and 8 days, if I can do it so can you

Comment

I will have to try the elastic band thing .... I've been meaning to give up again but every morning i think " just one then i'll stop" which then turns into a trip ti the local shop for more. Will defo give up the fags in the new year.

Comment

I am just finishing up my roasted Tomato/pepper/onion Soup...My mouth hurts so no chewing tonight.
                I love this thread idea...Thanks Kapo
                sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

oney, get the chantix. serious. and get some nice oatmeal for breakfast, you can cook it in the microwave in a minute.
                  vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Hi all again! Back from shopping....
                    bought : five fresh crisp apples, a bunch of bananas, soy and linseed bread, strawbs, salami, lettuce, spring onions.

Lunch: soy and linseed sandwich with salami, cheese, tomato, cucumber, lettuce.....2 chocolate eclair lollies, one LARGE glass of water................(one coffee, one cig) - first cig and coffee in four hours 20mins - it's a start...

I'm a-thinking we could just keep this thread as a 'sticky' instead of restarting it daily, and then we could monitor progress too....open to suggestions on that one!
                    *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Great IDEA Kapo, I think you could PM RJ and ask her for a sticky...I don't think it's up to us..
                      LOVE THE IDEA !!!!I wheally...wheally DOOOOO
                      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

What a great thread!

Breakfast-Scrambled Egg Sammy
                        Lunch-Lean Cuisine Pizza
                        Snack-Pecan halves and Goldfish Crackers
                        Dinner- Chicken and Asparagus in a Hollandaise Sauce.

Nicotine-12 Commit Lozenges (I'm sure threre will be a few more before bedtime!)

And Water.

Comment

Thanks guys for all your support - I really do think we will establish a positive pattern with the parallel benefits of healthy eating and recovery! Shall take your advice EvieL and PM RJ...thank you!

Comment

Good thread, but it also made me laugh.

I have now been a non-smoker for 16 days, so trust me, if this "fag ash lil" can quit smoking........anyone who really wants to quit can.

However :H, since I quit smoking, I have been eating like a horse........no big deal though, as I lost over 40 lbs when I quit drinking.........I could well afford to gain a few lbs, but........don`t really want to :H

Am more concerned about eating properly to improve my overall health, so perhaps I`ll start a healthy eating plan again. like..........tomorrow :H

Star x
                            Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Way to go, Star! positive and realistic post! Healthy food can be good AND yummy too! Keep up the good non-smoking work....you are totally right about having to want to stop....same as the drinking

Comment

OMG so far today I have had
                                I had large latte (with 2 sugars) and a blueberry muffin
                                Mega sandwich of cream cheese, salmon, capers and baby spinach. More coffee.
                                Handful of almonds and ice cream plus lemonade
                                Half of the most delicious home made pizza ever with tomatoes, bacon, feta, mozarella and a big tablespoon of quinoa sprinkled on it with a bucket load of baby spinach with lemon olive oil and rosemary vinegar on top and a dollop of yoghurt
                                Soon I will have tea and some chocolate before bedtime.
                                Now you see why I look like the above!
                                But hey its so much better than 3 bottles of wine a pack of fags and no food.
                                BH

Comment

Working...
                                X