Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My progress report!

Hi all,
    Just wanted you all to know how I am doing.
    I have been AF for the past 193 days. It's been a roller coaster with many, many more shining mountain tops than shadowy valleys. Life is good and I wake up every morning thanking the universe for the miracle that I am able to live. Thanks to Roberta Jewell for this site that led me to follow the examples of Bootsie, Buckledown and Bestlife to go and seek Rhonda Lenairs help and find lifelong sobriety in the process.

For the newbies who don't know a thing about me:
    I am a 62 year old professional who has been living at the bottom of a very large Scotch bottle for the past 25 years. I was a "functioning" alcoholic (meaning I somehow was able to keep my job). However, for years I could not remember the ending of a movie; the conversation I had with someone the night before or where I put things, because everyday of my life ended in a blackout and 3 or 4 hours of comatose "sleep".

Today I go to bed sober and healthfully tired and sleep like a dead dog for at least 7 continuous hours and wake up rested and ready to get out of bed and tackle what needs tackling. I can work 18 continuous hours if I so chose to and remember all of it the next day. Even the tasks that I used to hate doing are much easier to get done, because I am just so darn glad that my head has started to work again.
    I was suffering from acute peripheral neuropathy which started to disappear after about 5 month without alcohol. My eyesight has normalized, my eyes are not yellow anymore and I lost about 15 pounds.

I am busy all the time and I feel a great need to do a load of things that I was not able to do because I was never present in my own life. It's all good and I do not allow myself to whine about all the time that I missed. It's water under the bridge.

Anyway, there is no downside to sobriety. It's all good.

This is turning into a novel again.

Just think that you deserve to be happy, therefore relegate AL out the door and live your precious life to the fullest.
    Love you all and wish you well.
    Lori
    *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

My progress report!

SO great to hear, Lori. I hope to be there someday. What has worked best for you on your journey?

Comment

My progress report!

LOR, You have been an inspiration to me...I am so HAPPY for you and your new life...BLESS you on this NEW PATH !!!
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

My progress report!

That is great news ... your sobriety is a great inspiration to new people who can see very positive changes brought about by not drinking alcohol

well done
        ?We are one another's angels?
        Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

My progress report!

Lori,

I am so incredibly happy Rhonda Lenair worked for you and you have been able to enjoy your life so much more since then. Getting out of that bottle is no easy task, no matter which way you go, and you have done it.

I am glad to know you and thank you for sharing with us your story. :l:l

Love,
          cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

My progress report!

You truely are "sunshine"! I can sense your enthusiasm and wellness in your posts. We are so fortunate to have come to this place called sobriety... Hugs to you, dar-link! :l
            "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

My progress report!

Your post is so wonderful! I'm so very happy for you.
              You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

My progress report!

Congratulations, Lori!!! I am so happy for you!!!! Thank you for sharing your progress with us, Yes! Sobriety is a Fantastic Way of Life!!!

XXX Kate
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

My progress report!

Fantastic post, Lori. Way to go, girl!!!!!

Star x
                  Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

My progress report!

Thank you for sharing! I agree with the others - your post and sobriety are such an inspiration!

Comment

My progress report!

A big congrats to you Lori! Thank you for sharing and giving hope to some who may feel hopeless in this battle. Please continue to post as it's inspiring to so many.

Best of luck to your new life!

Mich
                      :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
                      AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

My progress report!

Lori
                        Big hugs to you! Thank you for sharing here.

Love
                        Nancy
                        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

My progress report!

Lori, that is great to read! Thank you so much for sharing and very well done!
                          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

My progress report!

Sooooooo proud of you and happy to call you my friend...xx buckle:l

Comment

Working...
                            X