Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THIS COULD BE MY BREAKING POINT

could be at my breaking point ..like the saying goes life
    has its ups and downs and this a is a major down .. this hurts.. I'm confuse and not sure what to do..
    but to just let it go ..
    I'm doing my best to control these feeling I'm having ..
    yeah this year is rough but i thought i was doing everything
    i could to make it a happy holidays ..now without any
    explanation wtf.. SORRY BUT DONT WANT TO GO INTO DETAILS this really makes me
    feel like shit ..
    here i am again alone .. my belly is hurting and i want to
    just let everything go to hell in a hand basket..
    but i have to ask myself one thing ..do i let this control me AND TRY TO DRINK MY SORROWS AWAY or make
    the best of the time i have and keep going ..
    THIS NEW FOUND LOVE FOR LIFE IS IN CONTROL .. and im not willing to let it all go for on one or any pity feelings .. IF ANYONE SAYS THERES NO SUCH THING AS WILLPOWER.. I WILL KICK THEIR ASSES...
    STAY STRONG AND THINK POSITIVE
    THIS IS JUST ME VENTING
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

sorry your feeling poorly tlrgs. Glad you came here to vent. You've done so well and I still hear that fighting spirit. Let us know how we can help.

Ask

Comment

Vent as much as you need to - I'm sorry that you're hurting, I wish I could take all your pain away and provide you with the happiest holidays you could possibly imagine. The one thing I do know for sure though is that drinking will make for a miserable holiday - and yes - there is SUCH a thing as willpower! And you know you have it. You can make it through this - have a water with lemon, a hot tea, a bath, anything to get through tonight.

I hope you feel better soon.

Love and hugs always,
      Uni
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

Roger
        I hope you know how much I care about you. I can only say what I have been telling myself which is it will all work out for the best. XO
        Time

Comment

Vent away T! Sorry to hear that you are going through a rough spell. I know that I do not have to tell you that drinking will never and has never solved any problems, nor has it made anyone truly feel better. The fact is that drinking always makes everything far worse.

Yes, T, I do agree, there is such a thing as Wilpower! You have it!

Hope things turn around for you very soon!
          xxxKate
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hi T,

Sorry you're feeling like crap. Keep your chin up, and you'll do fine. Having a bad day myself. Not because of the holidays, but other shit.

Maxie
            aka Katie

Comment

I know life can sometimes seem so very hard, tl. But, the only way to remain sober is to accept that that is how life is and that no amount of drink can ever fix anything.

I know you will not throw away your sobriety, tl.......it means far too much to you. We are stronger than we think. I have faith in you. :l

Star x
              Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

VENT VENT VENT - jump in the shower and scream like F*CK!! It is OK....What is NOT OK is to start drinking over it - keep posting - PM Anyone you feel comfortable with....I vented yesterday, and the feedback I got from many of you SAVED ME!!!!

Tlrgs - We love ya!
                *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Maxie - great to see you here - you having a bad day, or bad moment in the day?!? Are you sober?!? if so - you sure are doing SOMETHING right!!!

Keep posting darl - STAY STONG!

Comment

T

No magic pill, no BS. Will power . You got it more than most.

Stay healthy and Keep Fighting
                    AF 5-16-08 much thanks to you
                    Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                    AF 5-16-08

Comment

Tlrgs,

thinking of you. If I knew what I could say that would help I would gladly say it. I was having a really shit day today, and someone from here came into chat with me for half an hour and it really helped me. I hope and trust that you find what you need to get through this.

mame
                      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Good on you, Aunty Mame! That is the essence of getting through the tough times - talking with others, venting, learning, riding out the storm....revisiting serenity again - WITHOUT the AL

Hey Aunty - what part of NZ are you? I am West Coast SI.

Bless

Comment

I don't know what you are going through Tl, but I also have had a VERY SHITTY DAY. You have been there in chat to give me good advice, just want you to know I am thinking of you now.

Comment

Hey there angeleyes, hope you are managing ok too, ay.... ALL things ARE passing. Just HANG IN THERE! It IS worth it - and so are you!

Comment

No, I am not. But thanks for saying so Kap.

Comment

Working...
                              X