Guys have you lost your sex thing what do you do after 17 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cap, there's sex & there's love. ALL couples could do with some help sometimes. Sex wirhout love is just a physical action. Love without sex is missing the icing on the cake. Find what works for you. I know I'm older than a lot of people here, and I would truly miss it in my relationship. Hubs doesn't do the romance very well, and I constantly remind him of that, but everything else is still great after all these years. You truly care for one another - that's the ticket. Do something about this and make your relationship as great as it can be. You don't have to be teenagers or pin ups. That's what corrupts our thinking (IAD LOL) that our bodies have to be Baywatch ready. Love covers up lots of flaws, and the consequences are natural and wonderful. Involve your mate, work on this together. It can be fun, funny, informative, and VERY sexy! Hubs is still afraid of the other men who might get me! I love it!!!!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Ya know Cap...if you are both happy...be happy...if it is an issue...fix it!!!! If it aint broke...dont worry with it. Only the two of you know the answer to this question. I think sex is important to some people and not so important to some. Soem realtionships can be content with cuddling and intimate talks while others NEED the intimacy of an active sex life....all couples are not the same. 17 years is a LONG time to be together...talk to your partner.
      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Ruby you are smart!!!
        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Your right Ruby.......It's tough being Bay Watch ready ! ha! LOL IAD.
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

i gues if you are bringing it up it may be an issue huh? maybe it's just a stage . a little affection can slowly bring back some loving energy.

My BF has the lowest sex drive of any man I have ever known. :P
            You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

trixietrack;497210 wrote:

My BF has the lowest sex drive of any man I have ever known. :P
              After 8 years with the same thing, sorry I meant man- I barely even know what the word sex means anymore.

Comment

IAD;496919 wrote: Two words Capt'n : " Role Play " Ha! IAD.
                i totally agree
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Are you sure your Wob is not my Wob One2?

Low sex drive is not my hubby's problem but it is one of mine, bit of a problem with us too.

Every couple goes through patches but our 'diiffering needs' shall I put it has always been an issue even at the start of our relationship which is over ten years ago now.It is something I have to work on with him as it is bothering him big time.

Not sure what to say Captn except that it is an issue for many. It will work itself through, you have been together a long time so something must be working!

xx
                  There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

One.....just hum " Danny Boy" and let daddy go ! ( Of course that's from a male point of view ! Ha! )
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

sorry to be different here but i have been married for 22 years and my advice to any of you who have a low sex drive is to read erotica and think sexy thoughts. it keeps you active, vibrant and alive. sorry to be brutal but orgasm is so vital why would you want to avoid it?? I am at a loss here because i do understand the love stuff, the cuddles etc but then again the very act in itself is very satisfying, get your imaginations going, xx
                      Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

o yes i agree, but perhaps would have described it differently (LOL excuse the pun) thats a shame onetm, hopefully you have the love thing going on x

Comment

so funny, we have to keep smiling xx and walking of course x

Comment

OMG this thread is so sad! Keeps....I couldn't agree more, orgasms are a gift to be devoured. Whats more they are free!! It never fails to shock me just how many people live in sexless relationships. I am a firm believer of 'the more you get, the more you want', and... 'Use it or loose it'. I will have been with my partner for 12 years next May, and it just gets more intense. Yes you get 'used' to the same body, but the secret is keeping sex FUN! Sex bonds you, releases those 'feel good' endorphins, and strengthens the imune system. Plus.. it keeps you young!!!! where else do you get all that for free??.
                            Re-light the fire, and keep it stoked. That way it'll never go out. Put the effort in and you reap the rewards.
                            People under estimate the benefits of regular sex. It doesn't have to be a chore. ...correction, it shouldn't be a chore.
                            To finish tho, I suppose as long as it suits both parties, then I guess its irrelevant. I just think its a shame to be missing out on a very intimate part of a relationship, that can only make it better/stronger.
                            Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself!!!

Comment

Danny gonna give you an open and honest answer here mate. QUESTION? DO you still love her truthfully? Are you holding on to that last bit of hope? What bites your bullet mate? Does she still turn you on sexually after all these years? Do you still feel you could 'do' things to that women that would not turn your stomach??? Is it pride? Is it 'negotiable'? Is it safe? WHAT? Mate as you know I left my girlfriend last year etc. She asked me a simple question................"Would it bother you if I went out and got shagged by another bloke?" I couldn't answer the question? CAN YOU? (kids aside?).Be honest with yourself mate what is it YOU want?

p.s dolphin is missing ya loads and get in touch OK?

p.p.s I love ya loads too and just wanna see ya happy mate. Are you still going to Tazmania on that boat trip?

Love and Happiness you daft git. i love ya loads my friend
                              Hippie
                              xx
                              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Stepintime.....you got it!
                                Gabby :flower:

Comment

Working...
                                X