Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thrown shoes at President Bush..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, thank you, Iad. "They who died delivered us..."
    I just don't think this administration did the right thing...

Comment

personally i feel that their displaced anger is simply that... displaced.
      it is easy to blame someone else for ur situation.
      i am a jew.
      and i am not angry at muslims or anyone else for that matter. i may be in a gloom financial situation myself but, unfortunately, i cannot blame anyone but myself. i live in a community where we may not socialize but there is a level of acceptance. being a jew is equally the same as being an american at this stage in history and i am glad.

Comment

Today's protest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0M9a1sTO34[/video]]YouTube - Shoe Protests in front of White House CodePink

Comment

If Gore had been elected President, 9/11 would not have happened; the US would not have invaded Iraq, $7 trillion would not have been spent, Americans would not have a collapse in the financial markets.

Wait: Gore WAS elected President.

Comment

Here! Here! Boss.Man!!!

Which brings up the questions....Bush, promoting democracy????? Free and honest elections????
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I'm off to the land of make beleve, where wishes come true............IAD.
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

KateH1;497265 wrote: 33 Days 10 Hours before Bush is finally out of office!!! Right now I, like so many others are wondering if Life and the Freedom that remains in the US can recover from all the damage done during the past 8 years that Bush has been in office!

No, WIP, I do not now, nor have I ever believed that the US invaded and occupy Iraq to provide the Iraqui people with freedom and democracy. That has been a smokescreen perpetrated by the current administration when it was discovered that the original reason for the invasion, "Weapons of Mass Destruction" was a complete lie!!
                The Tonkin Gulf incident that triggered our entry into Vietnam may have been a fabrication.
                40 years later tapes of LBJ saying so were finally released.

The shoes were a bit over the top though. PBS has documentary 'Bush's War'..it appears that Cheny and Rumsfeld had a lot of influence with GB. I could go on but we certainly did not go to Iraq to free the people. Who's next? Chavez?

Comment

The point is, no Soldier should EVER have to fight or die for a lie, or for an incompetent administration.

Rules should be put in place to avoid this from happening again. They were after the Vietnam war, but Bush's team dismantled the rules.

For that, shoes appear to be a pleasingly peaceful and effective method of protest.

Comment

IAD;497264 wrote: Work......regardless of how some of us feel about this war. American & Peace keeping forces lives were spent. If nothing else we got rid of that Dictator Hussien who killed thousands of innocent people.. I'm not here to discuss politics you can find another forum for that. I'm intersted in freedom and the price that was paid for it. IAD

I have a question for you, If the US was so interested in liberating the world from oppressive regimes, why is North Korea and Cuba still ruled by the same ruthless dictators???? Hmmmmm, maybe there is nothing in it for the US? I appreciate your patriotism IAD but blind patriotism is scary in this day and age.
                    "Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance

Comment

Alright this was'nt suppose to be political....but it apprently has become so. Pres. elect Obama is in charge now. Let's see what he can do. Swans.....when your country calls for you protect it that is'nt blind patriotism. I'm an Independent but I can see that the majority of the people here are Liberals. So be it. IAD.
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Sorry, AID, President Bush is a lame duck, but he is still in charge until January 20th.

When Obama does become president, it will take quite a while and a lot of sacrifices to get us out of this mess that Bush and his Liberal party has gotten us in to. Yes, I said "Liberal", Liberal with the lives of Americans, Liberal with Money, Liberal in his disregard for the Constitution.

I truly hate the whole Liberal/Conservative thing......it really describes absolutely nothing!
                        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Kate......I thought you were going to ignore me.......IAD
                          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thank you IAD!

"Freedom is not free.....someone has to pay for it"

"Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...
                            X