Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aspergers Syndrome

Hi AK.

My son has selective mutisim. He is 10. He was diagnosed when he was 3. Basically he is MUTE to everyone, except immediate family. Parden me, I need to correct myself and say HE WAS MUTE. After extensive research and daily working on it with him, he is speaking to nearly everyone. He is in 5th grade and just this past month started to talk to his teacher in class. Something he had NEVER done before. So, I know all too well the heart break you describe. I think a lot of my drinking was due to his obstacle in life. SM is a social anxiety and since I have anxiety, I felt like it was my fault he had it. I worried insanely about him, how he would turn out etc. The only thing is, HE HATES to be touched, hugged, loved on, kissed etc. He can give love to the dog and his year old neice, so I think there is HOPE. Just hurts my heart not to be able to affectionate with my only son. The only time he would sit on my lap is when he would be sick and puking in a bucket. I get so envious when I see boys hugging their Moms. One friend I have complains about it and I tell her how lucky she is. Having kids is for sure the hardest thing to do in life. You just do your best and hope it all works out.

Best of luck to you.

Mich
    :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
    AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

Aspergers Syndrome

Michaela;497625 wrote: The only thing is, HE HATES to be touched, hugged, loved on, kissed etc. He can give love to the dog and his year old neice, so I think there is HOPE. Just hurts my heart not to be able to affectionate with my only son.
      That would be hard. Hugs to you and thanks for sharing
      Ak
      :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Working...
      X