Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frustrated with myself

Hey all,
    I drank last night and am so mad at myself. I came here in Sept., and went from drinking alot every other day, to having almost 2 months with 3 slips. I don't understand why I give in to AL when I like being sober. I just want to be AF. The last thing I want is to be back in the pit of despair I was in when I first came here.
    MM

frustrated with myself

o mm its ok, your here and alive to tell the tale. You are aware that you had a slip so you are still in control. Draw a line, give yourself permission to be human and move forward stronger in the knowledge that you will stay sober and you do not need or want the poison? give yourself a hug and treat yourself xx
    Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

frustrated with myself

Hey MM,
      Firstly, stop beating yourself up now...learn from this, so start thinking about what triggered this time and put in place some diversion in case the same thoughts, or situations come up again..I always liken this to a journey, where we meet bumps in the road and we learn to get around them...
      Make a list, so you can remind yourself how you felt today. This might just help you avoid going there again.
      You CAN do this and I am sure that you will OK?
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

frustrated with myself

Easy girl. Be mad but don't beat yourself up. Starting made a great suggestion - write down what might have triggered it, etc... to have ready for the next time temptation calls. As a matter of fact, I shall do the same.

You can do it - you ARE doing it! :l
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

frustrated with myself

You can't change the past...Best we can do is keep our eyes straight ahead at the PRIZE...A sober life.
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

frustrated with myself

HEY MM you and I joined about the same time. No one is perfect in this world- Look forward, not back - Youre doing great
            DLW
            Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
            And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
              Today is a Mystery
              Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

frustrated with myself

Thank you guys for all your posts. I know what triggered it this time and have a plan for next time. It's just so tempting when everyone else is drinking and having fun, and I'm there with a battle going on in my mind on whether I will drink or not. This time I started out drinking 7-up, but grabbed a bacardi silver and it was on after that. I did have fun, but it's not worth feeling like a loser the next day.
              Thanks for all your kind words. Im done feeling sorry for myself now. hehe!!
              MM

Comment

frustrated with myself

m and m,your doin great you have recognised you have problem tht is the 1st step,it is just a slip,pik yurse lf up and if it maybe the will of the gods is with you,or if yur will deems it , you will get yur christmas present and not drink,i tht id put som humor into it hav a great christmas gyco

Comment

frustrated with myself

You have done GREAT so far! I joined for over a year and half before I started to make any real progress! So, you are doing wonderful!

Mich
                  :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
                  AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

frustrated with myself

Montana Mommy;498276 wrote: but it's not worth feeling like a loser the next day.

You are doing awesome, you shouldn't feel like a loser AT ALL! I don't like the fact that just because we slip for a day we are losers. We are here and trying...that is what counts.

:l
                    Ak
                    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

frustrated with myself

MM, stay strong girlie, it sounds like you are back on track now...good to hear!
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

frustrated with myself

Pit of despair....been there myself one too many times. Pain, suffering, self-loathing...its not the glamorous escape that I thought AL was taking me to.

Sounds like you have done well in the past. Keep moving forward.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Working...
                        X