Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temptation

Hi all

Just got back from the supermarket. Whilst in there I found myself in the booze aisle, and glancing at the vodka thinking ' I should get a bottle for over xmas, i can drink it secretly in the kitchen while cooking the dinner- no-one will know and it'll will make me more jolly' but I know that it wont make me jolly, and my husband will know, and it wont stop there will it? i'll drink all day, and the next and the next, and my kids will have a miserable xmas. So I walked straight past the vodka and went to the checkout. It's the first real craving i've had since stopping on nov 30th, thank god i got through it x

Temptation

Good for u Sweet.....u have shown real strength there x

Comment

Temptation

Well done sweet. To have your first bad craving 3 weeks after stopping is great. Its going to happen, and i often have disillusioned thoughts of how a a couple of bottles of white wine would be a 'good idea' Of course, like you it would end in a 3 day binge and id end up hating myself, and missing my daughter.
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Temptation

Way to go Sweet!
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Temptation

Good on you! Give yourself a pat on the back and spend the money on something nice for yourself.
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Temptation

good going! gosh it's hard isn't it?
            i know it is for me!

Comment

Temptation

:goodjob: A sober Christmas with your husband and kids...What a great reward!!! But I agree with DeeBee...Buy yourself a little something, too!
              "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Temptation

Way to go, Sweet! :goodjob:
                I wish you an awesome, happy, jolly Christmas with your loved ones!
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Temptation

You did Great...I was almost toppled by the Jack Daniels at Walgreens...
                  Thank GOD I was with Hubby or I am not sure I would have made it home without a BOTTLE.
                  sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Temptation

Thanks everyone, normally I would have given in but the thought of throwing all my af days away and all the support you guys have given me gave me the strength to stop myself x

Comment

Temptation

I find myself doing that all the time Sweet. Or I see a women in the check out in front of me with some bottles of wine and think, HOW lucky she is she can probably stop after one or two drinks, but then think....maybe that's what others thought of ME.

I rewarded myself yesterday with some new pretty cloth napkins! Much better than a hangover!

Good JOB!!!!!

Mich
                      :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
                      AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

Temptation

Sweet, you are a different person these days, it is so lovely to see. That strength you have shown will grow and grow..you should be so proud of yourself...I know I am proud of you...x
                        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Temptation

The grocery store was a bad spot for me too. Glad to hear you passed it by. They have an entire isle dedicated to just cold beer. Yikes!!! Way to go sweet.
                          MM

Comment

Temptation

Good for you for staying so strong! It is a tough time of year for temptation.

Be proud!!

Comment

Temptation

Great job Sweets!!! What a great accomplishment. 23 days! Wow!

Day 4, AF, a real tough one..... one minute laughing... one minute crying... I hope I can be as strong as you have been. Keep it up!

Hugs
                              Bridget

" little by little, we travel far "
                              - Tolkein

Comment

Working...
                              X