Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to buy?? What to buy??

Hello all fellow MWO-ers!

I have just started seeing this wonderful man. I KNOW he bought me something for Christmas as he was at the shopping mall earlier and accidently let it slip that he was shopping for me. :H

We've only been seeing each other just over a week. Yeah, I know... BUT what do you buy someone for Christmas when it is a very new relationship? I have NO etiquette, and I don't feel comfortable buying anything romantic yet.

Any suggestions. I know you are all very crafty and imaginative.

HELP!!! lease:

AFM....this is a tough one! What are his interests? What type of books does he read? What king of music does he like? Does he like to watch movies? I would get your clues by listening to what he talks about as far as how he likes to spend his time. I would keep the amount spent to a reasonably modest amount. I also would not give him anything too personal, such a clothing. This is the best that I can come up with!

Good Luck!
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hi Account - yes indeed a tough call.....I reckon Kate1 might be on the money wtih the music call.
      DO NOT BUY HIM HANKIES!!!! LOL
      I am afraid to say I cannot be of much help, but am wishing you all the very best in your endeavour - it is SOOOO nice to have a new interest!!
      *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

How about a gift certificate for two to a nice "high class" restaurant in your area....If that were given to me one week into dating, I would think you were interested, independent, and very much worth spending some time with.

Just a guys point of view.....

Then the ball's in his court..

Don

Comment

Stay away from the jewelry/cologne/etc. Books, music, a magazine subscription (that'll keep him on your mind for at least a year!!), gloves are always nice, or just look around. Maybe something will strike your fancy that makes you think of him.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Great Idea, Don!
            What was your address again? OH! nevermind, that's right, you're happily married and so am I
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Great idea, Chief!
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi, I think Don makes great points. I know Victoria and how about an Il Trattoria gift card, or The Keg steakhouse. I definitely agree clothing is out at this early stage. BTW I am thrilled you are seeing someone.

Big hugs.:goodjob:
                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions! I so appreciate it. I will ponder them over and will let you know what I have come up with! I like the restaurant and the book ideas.

I wonder if they sell any books on how to pirate satellite channels? He has spent the last few days trying to descramble channels for free. :H

Anyway, thanks again!

Comment

Hi AFM,
                    No additional prezzie ideas from me, but I simply had to reply post to say........YOU LUCKY, LUCKY THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Star x
                    Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Your birthday suit?
                      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
                      X