Army Thread Saturday 20 December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LTG, not sure what you are saying, but it sounds as if you are supportive of your son, which is wonderful. Of course being gay has nothing to do with beliefs, though... Many people certainly have strong beliefs about people who are gay, but you can't "believe" yourself into, or out of, being gay or straight... But maybe it has caused problems in your family... if so, that is very sad. Not unusual, and, still... very sad. Certainly, distorted and very cruel, negative beliefs about people who are gay have caused problems in my own family... As well as racism, anti-semitism...

Comment

Hi there WIP, good to see you x

I'm off to bed now. Work in the morning and it's a busy one.

Oh i just smoked my last fag ... patches are going on in the morning. Really need to clear my overdraft, plus i have to keep thinking how smoking is affecting my health. I have to stick to it this time.

Goodnight all xx

Comment

Wish,
        Wishing you the best with giving up the smokes - hard but you sound like such a sweet person - I think you can definitely be without them
        Good luck petal
        Going to bed myself too!
        xx
        There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

WIP, perhaps I misstated things or put them out of context. Of course, ones sexual orientation is what it is, there are no choices. It is what it is. I guess what I am getting at is that is sad that some churches or cults put a damper on real issues that folks have to deal with. No one asks to be different in such a way that most do not accept them. Am I making sense now?
          :l
          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

LTG, I see what you mean, now... yeah. I agree. What I would call "real issues" often get lost, don't they?

And religion is sometimes a source not of good but of terrible evil... Sam Harris has a wonderful, and also challenging, book called "The End of Faith" in which he talks about the monstrous human cost that has arisen, throughout human history, from religions and religious beliefs. Nevertheless, most people in the United States still seem to think there is more good than bad that comes out of in churches/religions. From what I have seen on this forum, I'd guess that most people on MWO are at least somewhat religious, if not necessarily regular church-goers... And of course churches can be (and sometimes are) a wonderful source of good for "real issues" (hunger, human dignity)...

Enough said, I guess. Nobody wants to hear what my views are, on religion... I'll be quiet, now!

Comment

Working...
            X