Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DoggyGirl Has 7 Months AF

Yep--what they all said!:goodjob: :l
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Congratulations, that is so great, 7 months WOW!! What an inspiration.

Twosox

Comment

Wow you guys are seriously bringing tears to my eyes and it is NOT BECOMING!!!!

Thank you so much my dear friend WIP for starting this thread. I love sharing this special day with you - congratulations on FIVE MONTHS SOBER yourself!! I feel like we're in this soup together for the long haul. (good thing it's good soup, eh?)

Thank you 1967, Cindi, limers (love your avatar), Cy, startingover, Tiresias, Mags, cyclefan (woof back at ya!), R2C, Becoming, Chief (will never be able to thank you enough for your tough love!), Sheep (love your avatar too), LVT and twosox! I hope I didn't miss anyone, but if I did, thanks to you too!

I love being sober, that's all I can say. For anyone who is struggling and wondering if it's worth it, please keep chosing not to drink. It IS worth it. It might not feel that way very much - especially in the early days. But it IS that way and don't let AL take it away from you.

Here is an example that was right IN MY FACE yesterday. I don't care much for my in-laws and I'm sure that feeling is mutual. For the last 10 Christmas get togethers, I drank my way through it (and most of them don't drink at all, and there are a couple of "one glass of wine - really'ers). I had myself convinced that somehow drinking made it easier or faster or more tolerable or something.

WHAT A LIE!!!! All that drinking did what drinking always does - made the situation worse.

Yesterday I found out how WAY much easier it is to get through a day with the in-laws without booze. No starting to drink early and hope no one notices. No figuring out how to keep my glass full when nearly everyone else doesn't drink at all, and the just oners are truly just oners. No wondering who knows that I'm sloshed. (which I'm sure was everyone) etc. etc. etc.

Drinking alcohol is NOT a reward, it's a punishment.

Drinking alcohol does NOT make things easier, it makes things more difficult.

Drinking alcohol does NOT bring a smile to my party, it brings misery, stress and guilt to my party.

I still don't care much for my in-laws, but they are sure more tolerable sober.

GO BOOZEBUSTERS!!!!! Kick :alf: in the a$$!!!!! (for old times sake)

DG
        ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************** (my 214 gold stars)
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi DG
          Congratulations on the hard work you have done to reach a new and happy sober life. You have not only worked hard to over come the al problem but have found a new and healthier lifestyle. From your nutrition to your exercise you have changed your life style to the point that not only are you benefiting from it, but so are the rest of us.It is through your example that people can see that it is possible.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
          AF 5-16-08
          Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
          AF 5-16-08

Comment

Good Stuff, DG....:l

Don

Comment

WAY TO GO !!!!!
              Please keep inspiring us;:thanks:
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

DG - 7 months , that is fantastic and a great Christmas present to yourself.

I love your posts - they always make me feel so much more positive about everything, you are such an inspiration, especially your before and after photos. Thank you for all your support you have given to me personally too.

Congratulations again - do something AF to celebrate !!!

Comment

DG - AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!! What a great CHristmas Pres to yourself!
                  *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Congratulations!
                    Love the gold stars!
                    sigpic
                    AF since December 22nd 2008
                    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Congrats, Doggy Girl. You make everyone feel they can be successful. Thank you for continuing to share your spirit.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Congrats DG! I tried posting on this thread earlier then my stupid computer crashed.

7 months is awesome!

Comment

Well done DG! I enjoy reading your posts, and have learnt to pack a nice selection of sandwiches to eat while reading them......G xx

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thanks again to all! I sure love the sober life. I can't imagine what it would take to make me drink again.

Guitarista;502085 wrote: Well done DG! I enjoy reading your posts, and have learnt to pack a nice selection of sandwiches to eat while reading them......G xx
                            And YOU know me all too well..... :H

How 'bout some recipes for these great samiches????

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

YAY!!! 7 UP!
                              sigpic
                              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

DG,

Congratulations !! I long for 7 months AF !! I plan to go and read your posts.
                                Inlaws can be a real pain especially when they act all superior and you know they have
                                a drinking problem, among other issues.

Again great job!!

kitkat
                                AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
                                Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

Working...
                                X