Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drowning in a bad relationship

Accountable

I hope his end will literally burn:H and itch, boils would be nice !!

Thank you!
    AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
    Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

hey bottomsup,
      My husband hasn't had an affair, but he left me 9 months ago, I got ,my drinking was the cause, even although I had been AF for 2 months and started to moderate, I fell of the wagon for a month and joined AA and have now been AF for 7 and a half months, from when he left, till now, he came home for 2 months and left again, we signed our divorce agreement in Dec and should be final in the next couple of weeks, he went off to Cape Town just before New Year, and came back and is moving there next week.... he has just left my house, he loves me etc, he"s not doing this because he's stopped loving me, he just has to.... I adore him and would have him back anyday, but do understand that this is best for both of us to move on, seperately or at a later stage together.
      Staying together for the kids sake, doesn't work, they are living within a broken home, instead of coming from one, this can affect them worse..
      What I do want to say, is the only way I have got through this mess, has been, because I am sober, and AA has given me so much support... see someone, a therapist, unburden yourself. post here, so many of us understand...
      Unfortunately, the alcohol, makes it worse....
      Live for the now....
      My thoughts are with you
      xoxoxo
      Fiona:angelgirl:

Enjoying sobriety since 27th May 2008

Its a long and winding road, but well worth the walk!

Comment

bottoms up - if it helps.......

My ex had an affair with a friend of mine while i was pregnant with our daughter. It was awful. I went to a therapist and was angry for years. My daughter is now 8 and she is healthy, happy and well - and the reason is because we AREN'T together. She has 2 happy loving homes and 2 parents that after therapy have learned to get along. he is still with my whorebag ex-friend (oops, sorry, don't like her much LOL) but we have managed to put differences aside for the sake of our child and we are both much better for it and so is our daughter.

Staying together for the sake of a child/children will only hurt them later as they will see the loveless relationship between the parents. Please do what you have to do to protect yourself and your children from emotional hardship.

We will all be here to help and support you.

Love and hugs,
        Uni
        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
        :h

Comment

It took several years from my ex and I to be able to be respectfully social to each other, but we arrived there. Let Time heal the wounds, it is very successful and experienced in the healing process. Find the positive things that existed in your relationship and hold on to the not so bad memories. Write all the bad things in a piece of paper, then burn it.

Comment

Working...
          X