Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 25th December 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!

Well, its finally arrived...I hope all are in good spirits so to speak?
    I am not sure how I am to be honest, I think OK, but yes there definitely feels like somethings missing...so what I have decided to do is just go with the flow...see how it pans out and not put any pressure on myself to be any way I am just going to be...if that makes sense...It is another day, and it will be sober so for that I am VERY grateful.
    I am going to my brothers and I have an exit strategy planned for when I have had enough..Rich understands and is supportive so I have no problem there...he has even said he wont drink today while we are out so that will help...he'll have a few this evening no doubt but thats ok...
    As I am typing this, I am feeling better about the whole thing....
    Yes, this Christmas is going to be very different, but it will be better, I will see the whole day through with no embarrassment or worry about trying to act sober or hide the amount of drinks I am putting away, or worry that there wont be enough to last until the shops are open again, I will wake tomorrow with no regrets, no blank spots and no hangover....
    I am happier already!!!

Have a superb day everyone,
    May this Christmas be the best for all.
    Love Startingover
    xxx
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Yay, Start - what a fab and positive post! Rich sounds like a top bloke too, darl - and that is a direct reflection on you!! Hope you manage a good comfortable time at your brother's darl - thinking of you....

Happy CHristmas all to come - I hope the joy on yours and your kid's faces and in ya hearts a memorable one, (well, how the heck can it be anything but AWESOME!) awakening to CHristmas morning sober and ALIVE and totally forward thinking!!!

Lashings of blessings to all

x k
    *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Hiya Oney and Kapo!
      So glad you are both here and ok, thank you for your positve vibes... I am smiling big time ....:-))) see?
      We are all doing feckin brilliantly arent we?
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Morning Starter's, Oney, and Kapo....Merry Christmas to you, and all to come......8.00 p.m. here, and a nice relaxing day had with family. Stay strong all! Lot's of love, G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Happy Christmas everyone in the Army
          Thank you all for being there in 2008 to keep me company on our journey to a better life. I had the most wonderful Christmas day ever ever ever! The sun shone, the food was fab, the kids had a ball, the presents were all spot on and everthing worked out perfectly. And best of all I engaged fully with every one! Its a gift it really is - considering i didnt think I would make it to this Xmas!
          Hope you all have an equally wonderful day!
          BH

Comment

Morning all. Merry christmas. It is a diff time of year for us alkies! Im on my own this morning, can hear next door opening all there presents and missing erin and feeling a little sorry for myself! Starts post has lifted my spirits though. Ill be fine when wish comes over, but as starts said, i just feel something is missing today. See pics of all my friends going out and having fun on facebook, and for me, at the moment its just another day, and another battle against alc and myself.
            Im going to start preparing lunch, which should make me happier!
            have a great day everyone and Nadolig Llawen.
            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Comment

Hey Cymru
                Dont feel sorry for yourself they will all be suffering terribly today and if they are not there is just no justice in the world!. Sorry you are missing erin - that is hard. Hope you and wishy have a great day and a good lunch and dont stuff yourself as much as I did or you will burst!.
                BH

Comment

Hey Limers
                  Happy Xmas to you. Was it mad in your house? We have had guitar hero since 7am this morning and the friggin thing is still going.
                  BH

Comment

Thanks BH. Glad you had a great day. Ive got nearly ?100 worth of food in my fridge to cook for 2 of us, so i will prob burst!! Do you miss cold a christmas?
                    Merry Christmas Leeky! x
                    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

I love guitar hero. Which one is it BH?
                      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Merry Christmas BH, Cy, and Limer's!........Had Guitar hero going today too BH, and it wasn't me!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Nadolig Llawen Mr G.
                          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Hi Cyrmu
                            Its the rock tour one. I dont mind the music its the tap tap tapping of the sticks that is really annoying. But they have had a ball with it. I am defo going to master one track this holidays. If I can get a turn that is. I have had 3 roast dinners in 24 hours! Stuffed to the gills. Need a colonic irrigation. A couple of bottles of bubbles and packet of fags used to do that quite well. TMI I know! No I didnt miss the cold in the end it was just perfect except for the flies!
                            BH

Comment

You got the full band with the tour? Niiiiiccccceeeee.
                              Anyone in the uk see the Gavin and Stacey christmas special last night. Pure class!!!
                              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Working...
                              X