• Show
Clear All

Army Thread 25th December 2008

Night Chef KP!
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Nos da, Sweet Cym and Wishy. You have enriched my life this year by being part of my long, long road towards living independent of AL. Hope to meet to you soon. Have a wonder rest of the holidays!
      Ruby
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Night, cy and wish - sleep tight,,,

LTG - my little Vea very lucky he so good looking and I so shallow!!! LOL Bless you
        *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Ruby, you still eating leftovers?
          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Evielou, what are you doing tomorrow?
            LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Kapie, the first step is admitting it!!! LOL Ask Dear Vea(r) if he wants to spend his nights when he gets out bunking with some of his former jailmates or get straight and be worthy of what you've got waiting for him!!! That should be a 'DUH!!!' answer!!! LOL He'll think twice next time someone offers him a hit of anything!
              sigpic
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

LookingToGrow;503126 wrote: Ruby, you still eating leftovers?
                Not as many as I'd like! My fam is like vultures (Hubs description). They have styrofoam takeout plates they get from MIL, who thinks I should give them everything they want. He had to stop her giving out huge slabs of the leftover prime rib, and they and picked the turkey clean. Hubs told his mother he didn't pay $60 for the PR so he could feed them 3 or 4 meals, it was for one, and to quit giving away food in MY kitchen. Sure she hates me even more, but so proud Hubs stood up with and for me. His parents are just over the top - trying to make us eat before I was ready, standing there holding their plates, then giving away our food. I was about to have a nervous breakdown and Hubs knew it. Its awful to say how much nicer our holidays would be without them, but they would. They are the polar opposites of my parents.
                sigpic

Comment

Sometimes I think it's sad that our families are spread all over the map and can't travel for holidays. Then, I read about your in-laws and change my mind...LOL!!
                  LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

LTG, you are SO right. They HATE everything. They are fixated on food and eating and if I say 1:00 it should be 1:00 and screw anyone not here at 1:00 and and the roast and rolls aren't ready!! They haven't given Hubs & me gifts in 15 years or more, but give the g'children $1000's. That's OK, but they don't respect MY house, my choices, my traditions. My kids, family, is used to how my parents were; feeding whoever showed up, trying to set a time, playing jokes, giving goats for Christmas, laughing, and laughing, and laughing, and now I'm crying. They understood Christmas, they loved to give, to see the faces, hear the laughs, sing the songs. One year we had carriage rides behind a mule. One year the grands rode a baby bull with a big red ribbon on his neck. Once a billy goat in a Santa Suit came in the living room . They would NEVER think of doing anything like that, just 'when are we going to eat'. I'm having my Christmas at the cabin next year, and if they can't drive up, to fucking bad. They're a boil on Santa's ass!
                    sigpic

Comment

Sorry for the vent! I miss my parents, I can't stand my in-laws, and how I miss my parents. I need to sign off now. So sorry to be such a wet blanket at the end of the day, but my parents WERE Christmas, and I have to look at those to prunes being kept alive artificially, and I wonder "Why?" I just have to believe God thought they'd be a lot of fun. He sure doesn't seem to want these two! LOL O.K., enough, I've got to pray for forgiveness now! Good night, dear friends. Merriest of Christmases, and a Sober New Year!
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X