Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 27th December

Hello Army
    Went back to bed for awhile. I saw LTG's posts. I hope she is ok. I am having coffee with my dog. I am going to take her to the pet store and see if they will trim her nails. I will also buy her some shampoo and give her a bath. My Sis and BIL are coming over this eve to exchange gifts.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Hope hippie's ok. I'm worried about LTG, that's so out of character.
      starting, I cannot get over your avatar.
      I'm glad you're feeling better, Evie.
      "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Starts, your avatar is freaking me out. I ate chocolate, LOTS of chocolate, throughout Xmas and fear that I am headed in a BAD direction food-wise! But I've been working out just the same as before, at least 25 minutes cardio, at least 5 days a week. Yesterday I did 50 minutes on the treadmill, jog/walking. Then I ate some more chocolate....

Weird weather here, we're having a thunderstorm and it's just above freezing. I'm planning on staying right here in the house, unless something major forces me outside! Lots of stuff to do... I started organizing and packing for the Florida trip; and there are still some things from Mother's house that need to be re-packed and put away up in the attic.

I had the on-call nurse at Mother's facility go over and take a look at her yesterday evening. I was still worried because she was so confused and frightened on Christmas; it seemed like an abrupt change, perhaps consistent with a medication error. The nurse said that Mother had a hard time remembering her own name for a few moments... but that she (Mother) realizes that she's been confused (which is a somewhat good sign); they will do a urinalysis on Monday and meantime (they say) keep a closer eye on her... I guess I'll go back over there tomorrow and see for myself...

Maybe today I'll bake some chocolate chip cookies... !!!

I hope LTG and Hipps are OK. Evie, glad you are at least on the road to getting better. Sea, glad you've got your dog with you! Everyone, have a good Saturday!

Comment

WIP you have a serious workout going, send some of that energy my way, okay? Yeah, we're supposed to get snow, ice, rain, the whole nine yards. Good day to stay inside. My mom's just taken a turn, too. So has my aunt (93) and I need to visit her this am before the storm.

Comment

Oh, Be, I am so sorry. This stuff is just so damned painful, isn't it? I guess your signature line speaks to this, and beautifully... but for me it sometimes feels not so much as if I "cannot help" but giving, but that I have to push myself to step into the line of fire (the painful place of watching my mother being in this condition, and being with her) once again. I truly have no other choice, but yet it is hard to make the choice.

Workouts! What is helping me this time is to use my heart rate monitor AND keep most of my workouts within a very easy range, so it is enjoyable. My downfall has been that I tend to go at it too hard, making it something I don't want to do, and end up quitting. This time I'm not going to let myself do it that way.

Comment

That's exactly what I did before. I started up pilates again, after not doing it for over 8 months, overdid it and did something weird to a stomach muscle. I think I'll just play Mamma Mia with the treadmill and the Wii Fit for a while, something mellow and not too stressful.

My poor mother (85). She went to visit her sister, my aunt, (93) in the nursing home on Christmas. My aunt's her last sibling. The last we knew my aunt was doing very well. This time she was clucking and making strange gestures and asking "am I dead yet"? My mother was so distraught she didn't make Christmas dinner. It's the first time in her life. Now I need to support my mother and my fear is I'll get all close to her, as I have before, and she'll just push me away like a tossed rag. Like she has before.

Yes, it is hard! I think we're in a similar boat, here, buddy. Let's stay afloat, okay? :h

Comment

im glad wip said tht ,those a are to fool figured divas .im glad to see the army is intact,see the christmas season aint so hard to manage,its the rest of the year,nc to see yur all fine,gyco gyco and family got the flu no guests for a week hahahah,dont think you can catch it on the internet hahaha

Comment

Just want to say hi to everyone.
                  :l
                  LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Hi LTG. Are you alright hun? Weve been worried about you. x
                    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Hi Chef! Trying to work things out in my head so I can act upon them.
                      Is Erin with you now?
                      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Hey Guys....sorry about the avatar...
                        Gyco, you have put it beautifully...the fuller figured ladies....love it! Sorry about your flu though....hope you feel better soon but at least it keeps the guests at bay!!!

Wip, eat eat eat choccy and more choccy it raises the endorphin level...

Went to my mums for lunch today with the rest of the family...she said "are you still not drinking???" "no mum, nothings changed since day before yesterday...." aaaarrrggghhhh
                        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hiya LTG, is everything ok?

Comment

Starting, I like your avatar. It can serve as motivation for the new year...LOL!!
                            LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Not yet LTG. Shes back tmr. Not sure what time, so ill see her tmr or day after. Cant wait.
                              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

You have a good day KP?

Comment

Working...
                                X