day 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

day 3

well i am on day three and last night i did a designated driver thing...took my husband and step dad to the bar, dropped them off and then waited for their call to pick them up. my mom drank her crown and ginger all night here at the house with me and the kids. i am the only one not hung over this morning!!! i still feel sad and embarrassed about the actions during my last binge and trying to figure out how to make it all better but I guess this is a start. my husband is still not talking to me but i know he will come around. i am thinking of maybe going to an AA meeting on monday night and see if it is right for me. I really want to be AF. I can do this! Thanks for all of your support so far. It really is a great place to know that I am not alone.
    I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
    sober since 2/4/12

day 3

Good for you Star!!! You're doing great. An AA meeting is a wonderful idea. There are some very good people in AA, and being around them can make a huge difference!

Comment

day 3

Well done star! This sounds weird, but keep those feelings of shame and embarrassment near. Our brains have a way of telling us we "weren't that bad". You can do this and the happiness and pride you feel instead will be worth every bit of the struggle when times get tough. Hang in there, we're here for you!:l
      You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

day 3

Awesome, star! AA saved my brother's life, it definitely works for some people. He told me he had to try a few different groups to find one he felt comfortable with.

Take care,
        Be
        "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

day 3

river i know exactly what you mean about keeping the shame near. i am known to talk myself out of soberiety by wednesday after a drunken weekend. This time was so extreme. I have to know this was my rock bottom. I hit it face first, literally.
          I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
          sober since 2/4/12

Comment

Working...
          X