Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stopping Antabuse - when can I drink again

She asked a question and NO ONE gave her an answer

She asked how long does she have to wait before she can drink after she stopped taking antabuse. Let's not play the "counselor". Lets just give her an answer. If she doesnt get the answer she wont know for certain and may get deathly ill if not properly advised.

So with that said, can anyone provide her with an ANSWER to her question???

Comment

Hi - Stirly here. Just happened on this thread. If you type Ask.com Search Engine - Better Web Search in your search bar and then type how long after taking Antabuse can I drink?,it will give several answers. I just took a quick glance but it said you have to wait two weeks and something about you can't stop Antabuse one day and drink the next, etc. etc. I have never used this drug, don't know anything except what I've read. Hope this will help.
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Hi All

Check the date of the post
        Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
        AF 5-16-08

Comment

I was wondering about that as well. Wondering how it popped up after so long?
          :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Me too AK,

It seems to getting more and more frequent the digging up of old threads
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Antabuse is a lie.

Here's the deal. I have been on Antabuse for several months. Today, I started drinking just to see how it affects me. I have been off Antabuse for 2 days. I was curious about your question, so, drank 1/5 of Jameson and 2 shots of Jagermeister. No problems whatsoever. No headaches, backaches, vomiting, dizzyness, etc. It has been a little over 6 hours and I have not had any problems. I'm drunk, but beyond that, it seems like the community wants us to believe that it will cause problems. They said it would be 2 weeks to get off. Clearly, they were lying. Antabuse causes problems after a day or so but after that, it's BS. It's obviously hype. It's just a lame reason not to drink. I am much happier off of the drug.

Comment

I started reading this thread then realized how old it was. I was a little concerned that nobody just answered her question....but, I know how kind hearted everyone here is and everybody just wanted to make her feel better. I guess it doesn't really matter now, but my advice would be to wait at least 5-7 days after going off Antabuse before you try to drink. And Jackflacks (drunken?) post about Antabuse being a lie is disheartening as well. Antabuse is a godsend for many people (including myself). If Jack didn't have any side effects, then so be it. But the truth is that 99% of people WILL have the desired side effects, which will prevent them from drinking. As far as it being a "lame" reason not to drink, well that just doesn't make sense. As far as I'm concerned any reason NOT to drink is a good one.
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I noticed how old the post was but it came up as a new post. I agree 5-7 days after one pill. It is dangerous to drink any sooner.
                  Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

jackflack;1178511 wrote: It's just a lame reason not to drink.
                    That's hilarious :H
                    sigpic
                    AF since December 22nd 2008
                    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Working...
                    X