Balance Grasshoppa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balance Grasshoppa

So I'm in the process of learning balance. Balance, moderation, moving away from "extremes" of everything. I'm a single mother X 4 years, trying to learn the balance between being an great mother and having "grown up time". Somehow along the way, my "grown up time" has turned into "cocktail time".
    My daughter is with my mother for a few days, thus I have "grown up time" to fill. Normally, I would have made back to back plans lunch, dinner, drinks, etc.
    BUT TONIGHT....tonight I've committed to be AF, and I'm staying home! I'm practicing the art of being alone, trying to learn to relax and rest my mind and body, and enjoy the stillness of my home with the dog.
    So far so good...but you guys might see a handful of posts tonight in doing so!

Balance Grasshoppa

Lookin forword to getting toknow you better, ,love the name! Love your photo..

Comment

Balance Grasshoppa

I think it is very important to learn to 'live' with oneself and learn to be 'alone' with oneself.

I believe it is essential in recovery.

A night in, sober is great! Bubble baths, reading, watching a movie, eating snacks are all healthy alternatives to drinking.

Enjoy your evening!
      If you want something bad enough - you can achieve it!

Comment

Balance Grasshoppa

Thanks Limers and Jewel! Appreciate the support!

Comment

Balance Grasshoppa

so whats your plan for tonight? Any movies?

Comment

Balance Grasshoppa

Well brace yourself...lol.
            I'm doing laundry, watching Boston Legal, ordering pizza, and chatting with you lovely guys and gals!:l:l

Comment

Balance Grasshoppa

Grasshoppa.....balance is the key ! Ha! When you can pluck this peeble from my palm, then it will be time for you to leave ! Ha! No really glad your here....good luck and keep posting, lot's of good advice here. IAD.
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Balance Grasshoppa

sounds very good, what toppings on the pizza, and hey, what did your girlie get off Santy?

Comment

Balance Grasshoppa

Iad, your a mad bastard...how was your christmas??

Comment

Balance Grasshoppa

Hay Limers.....my Christmas was great, went out on the corner and played like I was a Hippe Santa ! Ha! Made $50 . Ha! Not really.....it was good Limers. Hope yours was the same.... IAD.
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Balance Grasshoppa

well not quite the same, I hung out all day and got NOTHING!!!
                      Lmao...New Years is coming Iad , we might both have better luck then!

Comment

Balance Grasshoppa

limers;505711 wrote: sounds very good, what toppings on the pizza, and hey, what did your girlie get off Santy?
                        Awhhh...you're so sweet for asking! She got a mini laptop. I'm raising a fellow techy, what can I say? That, and she likes to journal, do graphics, etc. I'm so excited to see her grow!

Pizza...I'm a standard pepperoni and cheese kinda gal.

Comment

Balance Grasshoppa

sounds good! Wish I could grab a slice, but im off to bed soon , Ive got 4 myself, have me awake too early and keep me awake too late!!

Comment

Balance Grasshoppa

Chacha, is that really you?

Comment

Balance Grasshoppa

More shock that Chacha is actually POSTING or that I don't really look like the fruit that I had posted before!?

Comment

Working...
                              X