Health update as of December 31st 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still have quite a bit of back pain, but the great news is, I have not had a back spasm in over 24 hours now.
    Today I will start taking the Chantix to stop this smoking habbit that has dogged me for so long. I am required to take it for 8 days before quitting. This will make my quit date Jan 8th which so happens to be my 55th Birthday. The 7th of Jan will be last day I can say I am the same age as the year I was born If there is anyone out there who is also starting to quit I would love to be able to partner with you as a coach and supporter. Just p.m. me if you want.
    Sean...:thanks:
    It's nice to be important, however it's more important to be nice

Do we still want to start an NF thread tomorrow?
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

I am IN, but I may be a little bit behind the rest of you. My daughter and I are supposed to do it together and she does not want to start the Chantix until around the 8th.
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Good luck with the Chanitx, I believe in it, I remember it made me very sleepy the first day I took it so be prepared. I followed the dosing exactly and took it for three months just like it said. In my mind it is a miracle drug.
        vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

i AM NOT SMOKING - TODAY FIRST DAY. USING PATCHES. PLUS SUPPLEMENTS, BIT WARY OF CHAMPIX!!!!!! BUT IF IT HELPS YOU ALL WHO AM I?? PLUS READING ALAN CARR'S BOOK FOR EXTRA SUPPORT AND WORDS OF WISDOM. SO COUNT ME IN.....

Comment

I havent smoked for almost 6 months and am using the chewing gum...it really works well for me...too well really. I love it!
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Good luck quitting smoking. I myself quit over 8 years ago and almost immediately noticed the health benefits (not to mention a much fatter wallet). It's especially a good time of year to quit. Mark my words, you will be amazed at the reduced frequency you catch colds/respiratory illnesses during cold/flu season when you give up cigarettes. That incentive kept me going my first year off cigs.

Comment

Sean,

Quit last night at 12:00 on the dot....chewing niccorette like mad. Quit drinking at 12:00 on the dot too but had a few today during the gator bowl (which we won!!!) if you don't know that is football. Hey, I figure if I can get one monkey off my back there is only one left...right/

Comment

Thanks for the inspiration 5thaday. I am going to need all of the help that I can get. I am starting Chantix on Monday. Jan 5, so plan to quit around the 12th or 13th.

Comment

Day 2 here not too bad great to have support.

Comment

Day 2 AF or NF or both?? Either way, Congrats. I am a nervous wreck about quitting the cigarettes. More so than I ever was about AL.

Comment

Thanks to you all who have quit the fags and give positive feedback. I am getting some gum today to chew on with patches until I get this thing licked. Inspiring and thanks:thanks:

Comment

:bump: For Sunshine
                          All of you who have given up the smokes or plan to, please check in and let us know how it is going. Support needed. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Sea!!!!

*sigh* I started late with the Champix (forgot it at home when we went away over New Years) so I'll only have 5 days instead of 8 when I quit. I don't care. I'm not moving my quit date. So there!

Oh, God - I honestly can't imagine my life without cigarettes. What will I do with my hands? I've smoked since I was TWELVE (how awful is that?) - only interruptions were 2 pregnancies and a few months of nursing after.

I know I'll need all the help I can possibly get! Let's stick together, ok?
                            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hi Seacailin
                              Day 6 for both cigs and alcohol. Doing fine on cigs using nicorette 2mgs plain I really like it and it hits the spot for me probably addicted to it!! Alcohol a bad craving earlier this eve but gone now thanfully. Good Luck when are u giving cigs up or have u started?

Comment

Working...
                              X