Yay! I made it! Happy New Year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy New Year everyone! Hope you all had a good and sober time. Here is to more memorable moments- and I MEAN MEMORABLE.

First sober New Year in 15 years. So proud! I must say, it was rather uneventful but I'm just glad I got through it without a hangover and have a clear head on this, the first day of 2009. New Year has never really been my favourite celebration, I find it to be very forced with a big build up to a big bang and then......

Was in bed by 00:20 and up at 08:20. New Year only REALLY starts on the 2nd doesn't it?

Good Luck to you all and I wish you all love and happiness FOREVER!

:goodjob:
    Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
    Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Woo Hoo Dei!

Congrats on your sober new year's eve. :goodjob: Even if it was uneventful, it was special.

Some people would think I am crazy but I cleaned out boxes of old stuff in my garage, put up another shower curtain, threw away papers I didn't need anymore and washed clothes. My drink of choice was water. I watched the Honeymooners marathon and laughed. I played with my cats. I didn't feel lonely. I actually didn't feel like talking to anyone. I only picked up the phone once when I saw one of my best friends was calling.

It is 1 am here and I am now going to sleep very proud of myself and at peace.

Waking up w/o a hangover is a wonderful thing!
    __________________________________________________ _

Love yourself enough to walk away from what no longer serves you.

Comment

Great going Deilight and Zen!
      Happy New year to both of you! Feels good being sober doesnt it? I had a few longings when they broke out the whiskey last night but they passed pretty quickly and its the first new year I havent passed out early for many many years!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Congratulations Dei & everyone!
        I made it too and am soooo happy. Played board games all night & watched a movie with my kid.
        Nothing like starting a new year fresh.
        Wishing everyone the best for 2009 and keep up the good work!!
        Fickle

Comment

Working...
        X