Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I MADE IT- AF NEW YEARS EVE! How did everyone else do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My commitment not to drink worked, Surrounded by friends that all drink, no one hassled me to join in, and they were all happy when I volunteered to be the designated driver. Didnt even indulge in a baileys and coffee- Its all or nothing for me! And I woke up this morning and headed for the gym for a work out- with NO hangover- YAAAAA

Hope there are a few more success stories out there-
    How did everyone else do?
    DLW
    Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
    And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
      Today is a Mystery
      Tomorrow is a GIFT

Sounds like a great night. No alcohol for me. A nice quiet night at home and no hangover this morning. Happy 2009.

Comment

Yep I made it 100% sober ... decided against a glass of champagne and stuck to my sobriety ...

Happy New Year to everyone ...
      ?We are one another's angels?
      Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Happily Hangover free over here! Whoo Hoo!!!
        I learned something new about myself last night. I didn't like board games as a drinker, I do not like them as a non-drinker - LOL! But played a bunch and made the kids happy.
        Happy New Year to all!
        You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Good for you DLW !

AF last night and no desire to change that !!
          AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
          Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

Well to be HONEST....i had alot of trouble keeping my self awake until the BALL FELL at midnight.
            We live downtown, in the middle of everything, so I couldn't sleep thru the stroke of MIDNIGHT (no matter what) !!!!
            Had zero desire to drink...angels must have been watching over me cause that is a true MIRACLE !!
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Quiet night with wish. No alc all crimbo and new year. YAY!
              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Great going Dlw!!
                I was sober too, others were drinking whiskey..I had some yearnings but they passed..I enjoyed myself and felt good..
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Feelin good here

No booze last nite. I cleaned out 3 HUGE boxes of clothes that I brought with me from New Orleans over 2 years ago. I never wanted to deal with it. There are some great clothes, some with still with tags.

The bummer is I can't fit in any of them but that isn't stopping me. I watched The Honeymooners marathon and started washing the clothes in batches. Today I contine washing them and going thru papers I also have not touched in 2.5 years. I am sick of the avoidance thing.

There was a few times that I thought about going to the liquor store or opening the bottle of champagne in my fridge but it passed.

Today I feel good. I am getting ready to go to the store and buy some fresh veggies. I am craving broccoli and brussel sprouts. I have no idea why.

Glad to hear yall made it and Happy first day of 2009
                  __________________________________________________ _

Love yourself enough to walk away from what no longer serves you.

Comment

well done you lot, i also made it with alcohol free beer, 3 days now but feeling the pressure a little. hey happy new year

Comment

awesome job... for me it was very nice af of cur .. my gf and and i up early and went to the beach to watch the sunrise .. but it was cloudy but still very nice ... happy new years everyone ....
                      stay strong and think posoitive
                      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I had 2 beers over the course of 5 hours. Almost didn't make it to 12:00. Worked my ass off yesterday and over did it. (not by choice)

I haven't been eating well and feeling like crap. In fact, last night's food and beer gave me Acid-Reflux.

By the way, did I tell you I hate New Years. It actually angers me for some reason. I'm always doing something that I don't want to do. This year, my wife and I were having her parents over and I had to run around like a lunatic trying to get everything done. It takes all the fun out of it.

Anyway, I need to put this day aside and hopefully get back on track tomorrow. I'm home alone with a stocked fridge and nothing to do. I'm kinda angry with myself because I should be able to go and drink a six pack and feel fine about it. I should be able to do it without acid reflux and liver/gallbladder/stomach/or pancreas pain. (need to see the doc) I screwed myself by drinking heavily for the last ten years.

But the good news is that I have severely cut my AL intake since September to safe levels. (from 8-12 beers a night to 8-10 beers a month no more than two in one sitting) I just hope the damage done is not as bad as I think.
                        Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

Quiet new years for me too - not a lover of it either change my life - feel forced to 'do something'!. Early on in the evening, about 8pm, felt hard done by it all, especially when a few fireworks started off, but after was fine, had dinner, watched a few movies and went to bed. Nice to have a non hangover related lie in this morning too!
                          Happy new year everyone!
                          xx
                          There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

AF Christmas and New Years for me. I worked Christmas Eve, Christmas night and New Year's Eve. On to day 60 for me tomorrow!! First time in 4 years. Happy New Year All!! Looking forward to an AF 2009
                            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I made it AF free NYE and also a party the day after. The first time AF on NYE in over 15 years! Yipee, yipee! I feel so good and very proud of myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X