Mmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmm

Am I the only one, who's not gettin off to a good start?
    Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself!!!

Mmm

What's going on, Step?

Comment

Mmm

No, doin pretty bad here. Gonna try to go back to sleep. Sorry your having a bad day too. Dove

Comment

Mmm

just tougher than I thought, thats all

Comment

Mmm

Dont think I'll ever 'get it'

Comment

Mmm

Just stick with it ... DON'T give in ... you know it's not worth it ...
            ?We are one another's angels?
            Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Mmm

I do know that. just my alcoholic bain dont know it! X

Comment

Mmm

Thanx Dove. Nice to know I have 'company' .

Comment

Mmm

Step
                  It maybe difficult but so worth it. Do not ever give up. You can do it.

Comment

Mmm

did you drink last night too?

Comment

Mmm

yep. What a failure eh.

Comment

Mmm

I am having a hard time, too, Step and Dove. I never even made it to midnight last night!

There was a thread a couple days ago titled "SOBER" which stands for an acronym used by a guy who does addiction research. I just tried to search for the thread but can't find it. But go to Time magazine's website (Breaking News, Analysis, Politics, Blogs, News Photos, Video, Tech Reviews - TIME.com) and read the article "Why Falling off the Wagon Isn't Fatal" or something like that. There are some good tips, as well as an explanation of the SOBER strategy, that you might find helpful. Talks about rewiring the brain when we fight our urges or cravings.

Comment

Mmm

I have an appointment with 'someone'...on 8th, ...for some kind of 'detox' programme. Don't know what, but am told I will need to take time off work.

Comment

Mmm

Also: it really helps to read the "Tool Box" thread. There's a post in there about "urge surfing." It's Alan Marlatt who coined that phrase... a mindfulness technique. He also introduced the VERY important concept you are talking about now: the "Abstinence Violation Effect," which is the tendency to think that if we have "lost our sobriety" by drinking, we might as well go all-out and keep on drinking. Which of course is very counter-productive! It doesn't get us where we want to go... better to keep our eyes on the prize, right? Rather than on what we did yesterday?

Comment

Mmm

CS04, I am with you here. From what I have read, and researched, it would appear..that the more times a person 'relapses', the better their chances of recovery.
                              This alcohol thing isn't easy, so for any one to 'get it' first time around, or 2nd..or even 3rd, then maybe...maybe they aren't the lucky ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X