Mmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmm

......or maybe i am 'wishfull thinking'.
    Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself!!!

Comment

Mmm

stepintime;507874 wrote: so for any one to 'get it' first time around, or 2nd..or even 3rd, then maybe...maybe they aren't the lucky ones.
      This is my 1st quit, and my ONLY quit.... and not only did I "get it"... I have embraced my sobriety since day 1 and continue to do so every single day. I don't consider it to be "luck" at all...it is a combination of willpower, determination, faith, along with the willingness to forgive & love ourselves.
      AF 6 years
      NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Mmm

I just requested Alan Marlatt's book from the library (as well as Augusten Burroughs' Dry. The Marlattt book is intended for therapists, but figured I would check it out and let you know.

Comment

Mmm

SOBER thread

The SOBER thread was started by Gumby. I know because I saved it, because it was inspirational. Another thread that touched me that day was started by 5thaday and was called Static Alcoholism.

I'm struggling, too, on day 2. Stay strong!
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Mmm

Thanks, Dill. Glad you're hanging in there. (BTW, we are neighbors -- same state, anyway!)

Comment

Mmm

Yeah, CS, I know! I noticed a few weeks ago that you were in Ohio. It helped make this site more "real" and feel more safe for me to jump into, actually. I suppose that sounds silly. But, it did help me to see that there was someone from Ohio. I noticed Chief is, too.

Thanks for the encouragement. You hang in there, too!
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
              X