Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, thank f*** it`s all over again, `til next year........yawn!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phew........I`ve not really been here for quite a while........a lot of stuff going on.......you know how it is.......

Actually, I did pop by last week........posted a thread then deleted it.......I wasn`t making myself clear in the post, because my head isn`t exactly clear on what is next, you know??........... I would like to update you all on where I`m at, but.........later.........I`m at the stage of overhauling my entire life........yes........it`s that huge.

Well, I`ve still got a firm grip on the basics for me.........am still content being AF and have been a non smoker for all of 33 days now, so.........the foundations of my new life are solid.

Anyway, I`ve paid dearly for quitting smoking.........has caused me to be ill. I developed an infection in my mouth this week from chewing the nicotine gum........doc gave me antibiotics........had to return to doc on Tues morning.........had a squeezing sensation in my chest and was alternating between being chilled and feverish. Doc said my blood pressure was low and she gave me another course of pills to take to see if perhaps it was just the antibiotic causing gas in my stomach. THEN she touched my wrist as I was leaving the surgery and told me to call an ambulance if I began to feel worse or I was worried about myself.........WTF??? Well, I can assure you I have all but wrapped myself up in cotton wool these past few days and am taking things easy for a while. I never experienced anything like this when I drank like a fish and smoked like a chimney!!!! :H

Anyway, am still off the fags and am now on the weaker 2 mg nicoting lozenge........is yummy........just like a nice fresh mint.

So, that`s my update for now.

Happy New Year to you all.

Star x
    Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

WOW...and OMG....... all wrapped up in ONE..so sorry that you are going thru this.
    No matter what the price is you have to pay, it is so GREAT that you QUIT the FAGS !!!
    My MOM passed of lung cancer in her early 40s....TERRIBLE DEATH !!!
    Dad passed from Emphysema at 59...He went from a Giant of a MAN to a skeleton walking in a matter of months...
    You will be able to live a LONGER HEALTHIER life without the smokes...GREAT WORK...you make me proud !!!
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Hiya Star, good to see you!
      Sorry you are having health issues though...but great going on quitting the smokes.
      Take care of yourself and happy new year to you as well.
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

You deserve a ton of credit! Both AL and Smokes ~ out of your life! Good for you! Sounds like you have had a tough way of it, though. Sending support! Best
        "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Star it's good to see you. Boy the recent health problems sound horrible! I too would have been WTF!!!!????!!!! had that happened when I quit smoking! You will be so happy you quit though. It's hell at first, but now I can't imagine ever lighting up again - makes my lungs hurt just thinkin' about it. (can't wait 'til it seems that way with booze!)

Take care of youself!

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hey Star!! So good to see you!! Congratulations on quitting "the fags"....I know what a challenge this is for you!! Good Job! Sorry you have had to go through being Ill during all of this:l

Yes, I get the whole Over-Haul thing!! Yep! Very early in my sobriety, a very smart cookie, (none other than one, Starlight Impress) posted here that "In order to achieve long term sobriety, it is more than just not putting alcohol in our mouths, it is about changing the way that we live and the way that we think." Thank you Star:h I know, without the shadow of a doubt, that your post made a HUGE difference in me and in my living a life without alcohol! It was one of those things that just made perfect sense!! I continue to make changes..in fact....next weekend I will be attending a transformational seminar for three days, and I can hardly wait!

Get well, my friend,
            Love,
            Kate
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hi Star ... So sorry to hear about the health issues. Must have been so scary for you. Good job on the smokes ... your doing great hun.

Take Care

Wish xx

Comment

Star.... wow, hellish experiences! I guess it's a variation on the old saying: No good deed goes unpunished... !

I say damned good for you, for persevering!

Comment

Star, sorry you have been ill. I have found my immune system not to great as well. May have been ill when drunk too just didnt know it... The hell we have put our bodies through huh? BUT, you will heal and be one hell of a well woman. Just think.....I am so proud of you and for you. Happy new year!!!!
                  Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Eeeek! You'd think REWARD, not paying a price, huh? Well, hope you feel better soon. It'll sure be worth it.
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

STAR!!!! you go girl, you'll be feeling so much better soon!

thanks for my xmas card!!!! love you lots.
                      It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Hey Hey nice to "see" you!

Hey there Starlight!

Sorry to hear you've had such bad luck. I'm sure you'll be fine once your body gets used to the lack of Nicotine.

I've been sober since 1 December-made it through Xmas and New Year. I'm really proud of myself and still going strong. I hope I'll be seeing more of you around the site, you were always really great to me when I was struggling. Lots of struggles now but being sober seems to make it easier...

:l
                        Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
                        Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Comment

Star,

I am so sorry you have been so ill. WTF??

And the doctor saying that to you. Calmed you right down, didn't it?

Hopefully the antibiotics course is almost over and you can get your body back on track.

Take care of yourself and be good to yourself.

btw, I just can't WAIT to hear about the overhaul. I am excited for you!!

Love,
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

you are amazing!!! A total inspiration. I was quitting the cigarettes and was ok until last night!!! But have not drank. I have patches and I just think I talked myself out of it. But you have just talked me back into it. YOur resolve is inspirational. HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER NOW AS YOUR BODY RECOVERS:thanks:

Comment

stick with it star good to hear from you!
                              Gabby :flower:

Comment

Working...
                              X