Old MacDonald had a farm...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it's day 3 of 2009 and tomorrow I'm off to a farm in Limpopo for 3 days. Just a few more days of New Year Limbo and the year really begins.

I have so many challenges and am quite scared but also excited. "I'm petrified. I'm mortified."
    -for those who have seen 'A Beautiful Mind'.

Just before I gave up drinking I had to leave my partner,my home, my pets and my garden behind. I haven't worked for a while and have to find a job, a place and a whole new perspective and position in life. I'm going to need all the help I can get. It's like I'm starting over in all spheres of my life! Scary scary.

Anyway, hope a of you out there are doing well.

:thanks:
    Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
    Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Good luck, Delight. I sounds as if you have walked a long and difficult road.

I love Limpopo. It is a special part of the country.

Comment

Deilight,

It is good to see you again!!

Sending you many wishes for wonderful things in your new travels through life!!

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Delight, Recovery is a journey and it has many detours and pot holes along the way.
        It is a journey of self discovery and it can be the best trip of your entire lifetime, if you see it for what it is.
        It gives you a chance to re introduce yourself to you..and it is a journey that you don't have to go on alone...you have all of us..
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Delight! Amazing changes for you. I admire your stregnth. I have found that while experiencing the tragedies, that I have had in my life, unbeknownced to me, blessings beyond my imagination awaited me just around the corner. Have faith! Hugs, Best
          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

The slate is clean ! Re-write your story..........Good luck. IAD.
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thank you everyone!

Nice to get so many sweet replies. I do feel like it's a clean slate and a blessing in disguise but it still really hurts, especially today. Have had contact with my partner and today is the day all the "maybe", "what if" and "i wish" has to stop. My partner has no intention to stop drinking.

Farm was beautiful! Lent great perspective to my view of life again.

Back to life and reality, going for an interview tomorrow- hold thumbs guys!!

:thanks:

Comment

Hey Deilight.

Great to hear you had a good time in Limpopo and good to hear your attitude towards life is so great. Good luck for the job interview. All the best from the other side of the country.
                AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

oops

hey guys!

Made a mistake on the Limpopo thing- that was what my godson said. It was Mpumalanga, 20k's outside Mochadodorp.

Also, went to Bird of Prey Rehabilitation Centre- it was great! If anyone is in Dullstroom, Mpumalanga, South Africa, I highly recommend it. There are 2 english guys who do Educational shows with the birds- have a great laugh too while you learn!

xx

Comment

Sounds great Deilight. Bit far for me but will keep it in mind. Great you had such a wonderfull time.
                    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Working...
                    X