HOW THE LITTLE DEVIL WORKS!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sober now for some time. Have had a blip or two, but not beating myself up. I did not feel better and hated myself for it. So it is in the past. Well today my son is off with his father to visit his auntie, so I am on my own!!!!! DANGER!!!! Now my old self would be skipping through the fields, knowing that as soon as the car gets out of sight, I can go and buy my first bottle. I could feel this feeling coming back and even was willing my son to 'hurry up' so I could get the one 'sneaky' bottle of wine that I would not have to disclose to a soul. SO DO YOU KNOW WHAT I DID??

I came on here as this is a major craving and I am having to fight it. I had to force myself. But I am hoping that by the end of the day, I will have achieved another day without alcohol. IT'S A LITTLE DEVIL THIS ALCOHOL AND I MUST BE VIGILANT. SO READING ALL WHAT YOU WRITE IS VERY GOOD FOR MY RESOLVE. HOPE ALL IS OK WITH EVERYONE

well done, and stay away from the offie, it only leads to shit. Tidy the house and read a book or go on a nice long walk in the hills , away from pubs and offies. Good luck today, your kids must be proud and happier.

Comment

Hey Maddy. Best thing to do. Ive had some major cravings recently, but dealing with them and when i sit in bed before sleep its nice to know i made it through. As each day passes we get stronger and our body learns how to tell the bottle where to go!
      Can you get hold of some Kudz? You can buy it in most chemists and health food shops. I have found that this really helps with the big cravings, better than the campral infact!
      Take care x
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Maddiva,

Here is where a change in routine can really help.

Like you, I would go out and sneak and buy alcohol as soon as hubby was gone. Not only was it how I got the alcohol into the house, it was my routine.

Now, instead of going out and getting that first bottle of wine as soon as family is gone, find some other action to replace that habit.

Use this time to go shopping (bad idea for me, I hate shopping but...) or go to a movie, or go bowling, or anything you can think of that you enjoy and can now do because they are gone.

I am very glad you jumped on instead of going out to buy that bottle. You have been doing fabulously.

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Thanks for the support. I am still on the internet and that was a break from stepping outside and into the line of fire!!!! I have some KUDZU Cymru, so I may go and take some now. I am going to do just that and clean my house. I know it is more like my mind, playing tricks on me cos physically I do not need it. It is like a DEVIL encouraging me, saying 'go on - you'll be fine, plus I want a tipple of alcohol'. That is the only way to describe it. So I am taking mega deep breaths and going to hoover and mop the floor and then watch that old family classic SAW!!! Which we recorded along with other films.... :H

Comment

Hi Maddiva,

I am soooo proud of you for coming so far ... don't you go giving in now ok ?

Just think this time tomorrow is another day you have gone without alcohol and another day you will feel healthier ... and happier too.

Heavenly xx
            ?We are one another's angels?
            Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

dear Maddy, You will never have to battle this alone.we will do it together.
              Remember that as soon as those thoughts come in...Change the channel...do something to keep your mind busy !!!! anything different than what you were doing when the craving hit.
              That helps me to have that FEELING pass quickly...I also grab something very strong tasting to put in my mouth.i always have jelly bellies in strong flavors, close by and strong sodas to give me that FIZZ I carve.
              It is not easy but you can do it and we are here to help.
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Maddy, Boy! I completely understand the thoughts, the plotting and the planning!! Good for you, stopping yourself and taking time to think this through and coming here for support!

You are a truly remarkable woman, I enjoy reading your posts, much of what you have experienced I am able to completely relate to.

Do something nice for yourself today. If you lived closer, I would invite you to Barnes and Noble this afternoon, where we could browse th book aisles for hours and sip coffee in Starbucks! That is what I will be doing!

Poor yourself a lovely bubble bath, light candles and listen to Enya! Afterwards, curl up with a great book!

I am Happy for you, that whatever you decide to do today, you will be doing something that is good for you!

XXX Kate
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Maddy: GOOD FOR YOU!!! You're doing great!

Comment

Cinders;509034 wrote: Maddiva,

Here is where a change in routine can really help.
                    Now, instead of going out and getting that first bottle of wine as soon as family is gone, find some other action to replace that habit.
                    Cindi
                    I think that is the best way to rewire your thinking. I know that is what I am going to do .

:goodjob:
                    AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
                    Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

Right on! Good choice!
                      "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Great willpower and determination. Awesome!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X