FOR WOMEN WHO DO TOO MUCH: DAILY REFLECTIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I mentioned to some of you, I bought a daily calendar by the above mentioned name. It has some wonderful reflections and meditations. These are not my thoughts, but I hope sharing them with you is OK, and helpful to you as they are to me. Since I just got back late yesterday, I'll post the first 4 days today. Let me know if you like this and I'll try to post them each day!
    Ruby

January 1: A new year can be a challenge, an opportunity, or an exhaustion. The choice is ours. We always have choices.

January 2: "I do know this: When a man gets the same cold as his wife, he is sicker and suffers more. My husband told me." - Erma Bombeck *We even have choices about what we believe.

January 3: "There is a growing strenth in women ---- but it is in the forehead, not in the forearm." -- Beverly Sills *It never hurts for us to remember how strong we are. Maybe then we won't have to do so much.

January 4: Learn to say no? We women have a tendency to say nothing or a weak "yes" and then go way beyond what any human is capable of doing.

Perhaps the answer lies not in learning to say "no, which is a huge task in and of itself. Perhaps the issue lies in learning to say "yes" to those things that are vitally important.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Bought mine at Barnes and Noble. Try them on line. Workman Publishing, New York. You also get an e-calendar free when you buy one! Copyright Anne Wilson Schaef
    sigpic
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I'm going to look for them too.
      AF Days in 2008: 350
      Anticipated AF Days in 2009: 365

Comment

LOVING OUR WORK

MONDAY, JANUARY 5

When we approach our work as if we love it----

We may find surprises there that we might otherwise have missed. Indeed, we may come to love it.
        sigpic

Comment

Ruby,

Please post this every day! I could sure use it!

Be
          "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Thanks, Ruby!
            Love your signature,Todsflove2.
            Toughen up!

Comment

Doing too much is not a sex-linked gene. We have learned it with help from everyone, including ourselves.

And what's learned can be unlearned!
              sigpic

Comment

Wednesday, January 7, 2009
                "[I]Someone once asked me what I regarded as the three most important requirements for happiness. My answer was: A feeling that you have been honest with yourself and those around you; a feeling that you have done the best you could both in your personal liife and in your work; and the ability to love others." --[I] Eleanor Roosevelt
                *Whether you agree with her politics or not - she was a wise woman.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X