Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reality

Today my father committed suicide. This was the end result of years of drinking, which resulted in a bad fall and head injury, which led to some brain damage and dementia. As a result, he could not drive anymore, lost much of his fine motor skills and could not speak well. His condition was getting worse, and we were considering having to put him in a nursing home (although he is only 66). He hated the thought of it, and he hated being a burden. So he ended it all. I am so sad, but this is what can happen. Reality is painful. Really, really painful. Thanks for letting me get that out.
    If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Reality

I have no words other than I am terribly sorry. Very, very sorry.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Reality

OH, Allie, I am so sorry to hear this. I know from what you have shared that dealing with your father has been extremely difficult for you. You are so right, reality is painful and the reality of Alcoholism leads no where good for anyone and it leaves loved ones devistated!

Sending you comfort and peace, my friend. Please take good care of yourself. I hope your husband is home with you tonight and not on a trip. We are here if you need us!

XXX Love,
      Kate
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Reality

Oh Allie, I have no words. I'm so sorry.

Comment

Reality

Allie, I am so very sorry for your loss. I know that no amount of words can make this any better.

Reality is very painful. Hugs to you. Man, oh man, how very sad. xoxoxoxo

Comment

Reality

Allie,

I am so sorry. I cannot imagine anything worse. Many hugs and prayers for you and your family, and your father.

xo

Comment

Reality

Allie,
              There are absolutely no words of comfort at this time other than to say I love you my dear friend! Hugs to you and your family. Please know I am here and will be in the coming days if you need someone to lean on.
              Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Reality

Allie, I am so very sorry. Pain upon pain. May you and your family find peace.

Comment

Reality

Allie,

I am so sorry - it is just not possible to even put this into words. Please know that I am thinking of you and your family at this time.

Pansy

Comment

Reality

As everyone has said there really are no words. Just take care of yourself and know that we are here if you need us.

Comment

Reality

Allie,

A lot of love coming your way and your father's way.

There is no "answer" but some of us find our way anyway.

Just know, please, that I care. Not in a minor way.

You are in my prayers tonight and so is your daddy. He did what he thought was right.

Love,
                      Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Reality

Your message takes my breath away, Allie. Suicide always hurts, even though it sounds like he was miserable and also, as you said, didn't want to be a burden.

I pray that he is at peace now, and I pray for strength and comfort for your entire family.

As everyone has said, we are all here if you need us. Sending a big, tight cyber hug.
                        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Reality

I am so very sorry! My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. :l
                          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Reality

Allie;
                            I am so sorry for your loss, my prayers are for you and your family.....Rusty
                            :heart:AF since May 31 2008.....Happy and Healthy

Comment

Reality

Allie. I know how important your father's health was to you. You did the absolute best you could to take care of family, this I know for sure.

This is a very painful time for you. My son has been a support group for suicide victims and it just maybe he didn't want to live in his discomfort anymore.

You were a loving, caring daughter to him. I embrace you in your grief.

Hilary
                              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                              X