STILL SOBER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STILL SOBER

I had a bad weekend in the sense that it was touch and go if I would return to my old ways of wine, but posts on here helped me and also Cymru who advised me to take the Kudzu, which I did. Guess what? It helped me. So I have been taking them along with b vitamins and glutamine which is amazing for those sweet cravings that have been rather overpowering at times. I am so glad that I did not drink. My face is now back to normal, no puffiness. My health is slowly starting to recover and I am looking forward instead of looking back. In no way would I become complacent and say 'that is it' for I was overwhelmed with feelings of wanting a drink, just that nice cold glass of wine, but I know that is impractical for me. I want a future and drink was destroying what little hope I had, it made me depressed, fat and miserable. Thank you to all who have supported me, this website is a godsend to me, I do not have to go to AA meetings. I can come on line. Hope everyone is doing ok and happy

STILL SOBER

That's wonderful, Maddy!

Comment

STILL SOBER

Nice post!
      :l
      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

STILL SOBER

WELL DONE ... Keep up the good work ...
        ?We are one another's angels?
        Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

STILL SOBER

Awesome! Keep the faith!
          "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

STILL SOBER

Isn't it nice when our faces start to look good again? I loved it when the puffiness went away. That alone is reason enough not to drink everyday. Keep hanging tough Maddiva, I love your strength.
            vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

STILL SOBER

:goodjob:

that's really great. Keep going..

Comment

STILL SOBER

Good Job, Maddiva! Amazing stregnth. It just gets better and better! Hugs, Best
                "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

STILL SOBER

Maddy, I am so happy for you. You are really pushing through these difficult and challenging "early days of sobriety". I am in your corner, if I can ever help in any way!

Wishing you much success and happiness!
                  Kate
                  A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

STILL SOBER

Way to Go!! Maddy. I didn't even realize how bloated and puffy I was until it all went away. Great feeling. Stay strong.
                    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

STILL SOBER

Oh, yes the physical changes part of quitting. I just love it. The puffiness goes away, your eyes become big and bright. Healthy colouring in your face.

Good for you for riding it out! Stand tall and be very proud!

Comment

STILL SOBER

Maddiva - I had read some of your posts when you first started. I am so glad to see you keeping strong and getting healthy - good on you for sticking around to get support!

I am really proud of you!
                        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                        :h

Comment

STILL SOBER

all good!
                          Gabby :flower:

Comment

STILL SOBER

Maddiva, I am so proud of you for making it through the craving weekend. You have my admiration for sure!! All of your posts are very inspiring to me.

:h Suz
                            The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Working...
                            X