Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello From Newbie~

:sofa::sofa:
    I just joined today and am a little scared and shy about saying anything yet, but this looks like a friendly place and I sure need some encouragement to get my drinking under control. I have had a hard time feeling any joy since my Hubby died 2 years ago and I am becoming more dependent on drinking than ever, even though I always had this tendency.
    I am hoping to get to know many of you here as I am alone and need to have support and be accountable.
    Thank you for letting me join~
    Jan~

Hello From Newbie~

Hi Jan and welcome!
    Stop hiding behind that couch and come out and play...LOL!!
    Let's know what we can do to help :h
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Hello From Newbie~

Welcome, Jan! I am so sorry for your loss, and can only imagine how your sorrow can make your drinking worse. I am glad that you have found us. We come from all over the world. We are of every race, sex, age, and walk of life. But have one thing in common, and that is the desire to improve our situation with regard to our problem with alcohol. Read alot, and post often. Good luck in attaining your desired goal. Regards, Best
      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Hello From Newbie~

hi Hope, welcome to MWO, have you checked out the book etc, you can download it or odrer it from Amzon it will help you understand the process of addiction. it cant be easy struggling with grief, have you seen a grief councilor, anyway stick close, check out the "just getting started' forum, it has a great ODAT thread for us newbies (ODAT = One day At a Time) I thought i would not be able to stop drinking & I was drinking a bottle of wine at least 4 nights a week, since 04-12-08 I have had one slip up, so this site is awesome. good luck
        *Witchy*
        Progress, not perfection!!!
        A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

Hello From Newbie~

Welcome Jan!
          "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Hello From Newbie~

Jan, welcome welcome! This is one of the coolest places I know of on the internet.

You will get so much help and support here.

Post when you are ready. It doesn't matter what you say b/c it is all ok here.

n/z

:welcome:
            __________________________________________________ _

Love yourself enough to walk away from what no longer serves you.

Comment

Hello From Newbie~

Hiya Jan, big welcome to you!
              This place is magical, and I am sure it will help you to heal in time. I know it has me..
              There is no need to feel scared or shy, we are all here to help if we can.
              I look forward to hearing some more from you.
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hello From Newbie~

Hi Jan,
                Welcome! So happy that you found us! First of all, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband, and send my condolences to you. Loss and loneliness can really wreak havoc on our drinking patterns. But now you have a group of people who truly understand and you are not alone any more!

I hope you stay around and get to know us and allow us to get to know you and support you!

Best Wishes,
                Kate
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hello From Newbie~

:welcome:WELCOME ...
                  ?We are one another's angels?
                  Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Hello From Newbie~

Hi Jan
                    Delighted you found the site, you came to the right place loads of help and support here to deal with your drinking. Sorry for your sad loss, I understand how your drinking increased I lost my Mom recently and my drinking escalated. Loads of reading here and post often.
                    Luv x

Comment

Hello From Newbie~

Hi Jan and welcome, it's so good that you have found this site. There are so many good people here and so much support.

Good to have you here

Wishy xx

Comment

Hello From Newbie~

Welcome Jan, x x x
                        Fiona:angelgirl:

Enjoying sobriety since 27th May 2008

Its a long and winding road, but well worth the walk!

Comment

Hello From Newbie~

Jan, welcome! :l
                          I think we all know in some way or another how grief and sorrow can overwhelm us and make us believe that it will get better if we drink.....when we all know,.. that is a lie....
                          Stay on here as long as you need....read, read and read and then post!
                          You will find love and support and kindness! Those are good things that will not lie to you.
                          Best of luck too you!
                          :welcome:

Comment

Hello From Newbie~

Jan, welcome! This is the PLACE!! I came here drinking, scared, confused, alone, so many things, just 4 months ago. This site has changed my life. You can be silly or serious. You can slip up or, we hope, be straight. You can watch, or hopefully, jump in and make friends. I LOVE many of the people here, like (almost) all the rest. You read life changing stories, you are involved in everyday events of people you probably will never meet, but who may need you at a special time one day. I'm usually at AF Army, so I look forward to meeting you. Good luck on your journey!
                            sigpic
                            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
                            X