Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 days tomorrow!!!! HOLY COW

HI guys-

Cant remember the last time I started a thread, but would like to share where I am. For the first time since being here, and the first time ever in many, many years, I have made it to 30 days. I am just amazed.

I can't tell you how I am doing this...not really. I mean, I can tell you that I am taking Antabuse, and I can tell you that I am attending AA meetings almost daily, but it is more than that. I have tried, and tried, and tried, and tried, so hard for so long and in SO many ways, but something is different. I don't know if it will last, but I am not letting myself think too much about the future. I am really starting to understand one day at a time. I think I FINALLY got to the point where I really, truly, in my heart, had enough. Drinking was no longer fun, and I wanted to stop more than I wanted to drink. I still miss it, at moments. But every day is a little easier, and i am not going through life feeling deprived!! I am not. i am generally pretty darn happy. I am scared "the other shoe" will fall, but I just try NOT to think too much ( a huge problem of mine) and to just DO. I can't tell you for sure that AA is helping but, I am not thinking about that either. I am just getting up and going through my day, going to meetings, and not drinking, no matter what. The antabuse certainly helps, and I am fearful of stopping at this point, because I still don't trust my thoughts when the thoughts hit, even though they are short-lived.

I have to say, that I am HAPPY as a non-drinker. that is the most important thing i want to say. i don't think I believed I could be. I thought i would constantly be missing the drink. It is not like that. SO, for anyone out there still struggling. dont give up. I have been struggling for many, many years, and never thought this could happen. Again, I make no promises for the future. the fact is that at this moment, and for the past 30 days, I have been contentedly sober. I really hope for 30 more. Life is pretty good. Sleep is AMAZING. Remembering my evenings is a gift like no other. Waking up without a hangover is incredible. Not having to lie about money spent on Al, on getting out to buy booze. not having to worry about where the hidden bottles are, and about getting them out of the house. What an amazing thing.

I just want to share, and hopefully offer some hope to those of you struggling.

With love,

Lucy Van Pelt aka Beth
    formerly known as bak310

YOU GO GIRL!!!!

I'm running to catch the phone, but I am so thrilled! Congrats.... what an awesome feeling!

Love you to pieces.
    If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

I'm soooo very happy for you Beth...and hope this feeling continues for you. I have followed your struggles and feel I am much like you. I have not gone to the antabuse yet, but would definately consider it. Hugs to you for sharing. Please keep this post near to your heart, for if ever you feel AL calling again. Remember how GOOD it feels to be sober. The sleep, the sex and everything else that goes along with being sober.

I am VERY happy for you....again, thanks for sharing.

R2C
      Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
      :h

Comment

Congratulations Beth! Continued success!

Comment

Beth
          You have no idea how happy I am to read this. I know that you and I have had the discussion about how long you have been struggling with this. It is so great to hear you so positive, happy and sober!! I know how amazing sleep, and life in general is when we stop driniking and I am so happy that you are experiencing this. This is the best news!! I really am happy for you!!!
          XO
          Time

Comment

Beth - this is your BEST post ever!

I'm so happy for you. I've watched you struggle for a long time and to see you so happy is a delight. May you inspire many others. Be very proud of yourself.

Comment

Beth - I am so proud of you. I know you have struggled. I can't wait for my 30days. I love to hear you so positive.

Great work!
              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
              :h

Comment

Beth, I am sooooooo happy for you. The feeling you have must be incredible.

Keep going and I know you will. You are an inspiration to me.

Thank you
                __________________________________________________ _

Love yourself enough to walk away from what no longer serves you.

Comment

Beth, I am so happy for you. Way to go girl! xoxoxo

It is definitely the best post you have ever written.

How do you find AA anyway?

Comment

I am also so very, very very happy for you! Your post shouts out your enthusiasm and its exciting! Enjoy your day tomorrow, you earned it!

Guy
                    "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

awesome job lucy.. so proud of you girl ... way to go
                      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I think that's so cool Lucy/Beth! I'm also very jealous. Keep going!!!!!! You give others the faith!!!!!!
                        Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Beth!! WOW!! I am so HAPPY for YOU!! And, so very, very proud of you for all of your hard work and for never giving up! This is a huge milestone for you, and I am certain that it is just one of many milestones to come for you!

I am sending you a HUGE Hug!!

Love,
                          Kate
                          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

You are enjoying LIFE!!!!!! What an inspiration your post is to so many of us : )
                            Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                            - George Jackson

Comment

Thank you so much for that post. It really is an inspiration.

Comment

Working...
                              X