I HAVE SUSSED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday I came on line and someone said 'let's see your pets' then masses responded. We are all bloody good, soft, kind, sensitive people. We do not hurt animals and we love them. What does that say about us? That we are fecking marvellous (please note maddiva did not swear!!!). I am not one of those uber type, you know, cos I cannot explain. But what I will say is that when I am down my animals lift my spirit!!! They always have. When I was a child, being severely abused (boo bloody hoo!!!) a white cat used to come for breakfast with me, and one day kids threw stones at this white cat and she scratched me as I picked her up. The scar still remains. I never saw her again and the same people sexually abused me as an 8 year old child. No bloody boo hoos, I am telling you about animals. Weird, beautiful things. My dog Jack who is the toothless wonder. My old man. Went for a walk with me in the field next to my house. NOw it was dark, and this was last week, normally, being the coward I am I will not go too near the trees, but this day Jack would not go near the trees. I took note. I followed him as he led the way. No one got murdered or the like, but my dog has never done that before and he had to be listened to. They speak without words. We are humans and we are so stupid and weak we speak with words, but what really do we say???

i think it is because it is animals are so unconditional. they love you whether you have a drinking proble, or not. they don't judge. I have 2 dogs, 2 cats and 3 turtles. i need all the unconditional love i can get :H
    I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
    sober since 2/4/12

Comment

I just know that my girl keeps me happy. She "insists" that I am happy and "confirms" it by having me smile at her. She gets very upset and in my face if she thinks I am not happy. In return, she "smiles" back at me....some think it looks like a growl, but it is a smile :-)

She is unconditional love to the full extent. She is my four legged soul mate and she makes my life worth living.

Thanks for bringing up how wonderful our animals are Maddiva!!

R2C
      Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
      :h

Comment

Hmmm.. how wonderful they are... as I'm chasing the damn cat around for the stuff she stole of the window still AGAIN! :H

I know what you mean, Diva, I've had situations like that, too - where my dogs seemed to steer me away from somewhere - and I listened as well. Their instincts are much more developed than ours (or we are just too deaf to listen to ours).
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

there is a great book by temple grandin (autistic woman who writes about animals) called "animals in translation" where she goes into how animals communicate and that if we would pay attention, we could learn a heck of alot from them. your story about your old man dog (cute!) made me think of this maddiva.

i love talking to and listening to my dogs!

Comment

Maddiva--I understand

I wonder if anyone has done research on how many alcoholic women were sexually or physically (or emotionally or verbally) abused as children? I would not be surprised if there is a LARGE percentage of us. This type of hurt is difficult to heal. :upset:

I am never sure what is worse--the actual abuse, or your parents refusing to acknowledge it and make it stop????There's nothing like being called a "slut" and "temptress" at 8-12 years old.

No wonder I am a paranoid parent!

Comment

Working...
            X