Thanks for the drive home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's late afternoon here in the Pacific Northwest, USA. I've had the usual hectic day at work, and am logging on quickly before I leave, as I often do on days like this. Reason? Driving home in the dark and the rain, sloppy icky weather like we can have this time of year, ruminating on the ups and downs of the workday, somehow creeps into my age-old craving system and says "What's the harm? Just a bottle on the way home!" I can't tell all of you how many times just checking this site has kept me going straight home. It's usually inspirational messages like todays from Lucy Van Pelt (30 days! Keep going!) but it could be just about anything. Not that I haven't given in to temptation at times in the last 6 months, but it's getting less, and much less. So I'm leaving now -- going straight home. Thank god for all of you and your willingness to get on here and share the struggle. I do believe I'm starting to really make some progress at last.

Ah, yes, the drive home. I know it well. This site has been the difference for me, too. Let's stay strong and keep trying!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
    X