Oprah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oprah

The next segment on Oprah will teach us all a thing or 2 about drinking and driving. The show today is about spirituality, but this person's story has been on before. It is not easy to watch, though, so be forewarned if you turn it on.

Oprah

Thanks for the info. I missed it last time because I was working. I will be sure to watch it this afternoon.

Comment

Oprah

It wasn't on for very long. I saw the original episode when it was 1st on, and I have never been so moved by something on TV. The original one also carried a story which took place at the hospital my husband used to work at. Talk about "someone" trying to tell me something!

Comment

Oprah

Oh, wow! That would be pretty erie!

I watch Intervention when they have the shows about alcoholics. I love that show because I truly was at a bottom, and it helps me to never forget where I came from.

I am so glad that TV is starting to play shows about the real affects of alcohol. Not this 'super pretty people dancing around, having fun' type of stuff. Sure that is how it begins but, for some of us, it doesn't end there.

Comment

Oprah

Nope, It ends in the lying on the floor, totally out of it and oblivious.

But I can type that all day long and those who haven't been there just do not "get it.".

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Oprah

Did any of you see 60 minutes the other nite? It was about drunk driving and this guy who was 3 times over the limit and drove on the wrong side of the highway, crashed into a limo (they rented to be responsible because they were at a wedding) and killed the 4yr old daughter? The drunk driver barely got hurt, of course, but he was prosecuted for murder. This is a new trend. How do you feel about that?

For me personally, if I killed someone (or even injured for that matter) I say throw the book at me. I am to be responsible for my actions, and choosing to drive after I have drank makes me responsible. Darn, I wish I would have known about this Oprah, I would have taped it.

R2C
            Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
            :h

Comment

Oprah

R2C, the original episode was titled "Burned Alive by a Drunk Driver," if you want to go into the archives on Oprah's website.

Comment

Oprah

I've only seen "Interventions" with people with serious drug problems -- meth, etc. so it is hard for me to relate. I did see part of the one recently that EvieLou posted about, with the alcoholic woman.

Comment

Oprah

Thanks CS...
                  Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
                  :h

Comment

Oprah

Berni mentioned many of the queries have predicates such as THE_YEAR < YEAR(CURRENT DATE) - 5 and ask whether we can optimize this a bit to derive the constant year value for the expression. One we have a constant, the optimizer will be able to make better use of the stats to produce more optimal plans.
                    I'm looking into this in the meantime.

I am looking into this in the meantime....

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Oprah

I have watched a few of the 'drug' episodes and couldn't relate much to them either.

The alcohol ones are really brutal. They make you want to quit drinking!

Comment

Oprah

In my City.... drinking and driving went up 20% in 2008. Charges for impaired driving went up 9%. That is scary shit. (pardon my french!)

Comment

Working...
                        X