Hey Em,

Just wondering how its going.

Love and prayers to you.

Nancy:l
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Anyone have relatives in Iraq?

Just got back from Fort Bragg in N. Carolina where I said good-bye before my son deployed. Part of me is just lost. I've been drinking too much again and need to get back with the flow. I feel like I'm in never, never land. Can't believe this is all happening - never dreamed my son would even join the army. But sometimes, I feel that I just look for any excuse and that I just want to keep drinking my wine because I love it. Did anyone else ever have that awful thought? It makes me feel like a cretin or some sort of horrible human. I'm on 50 of Topa and still drinking. I so look forward to it every evening. Am I hopeless?
      Because I'm starting to feel that way. Grateful Em

Comment

Hi Em,

Of course you're not hopeless. Having your son leave to go to war has to be up there with one of life's biggest stressers. I think most of us would feel lost and scared witless too. You think you are mentally prepared for something like this, then when it actually comes, wham! My heart aches for you as a mother. Keep in touch here. We all are here to support each other during the bad times, the good times, the great times and the so-so times. If you are able, take some time for yourself to regroup and pamper yourself. I think many of us can relate to just liking to drink wine (or whatever). I don't know if that feeling ever completely goes away. I know you are taking topa, it's supposed to help as you increase the dose, the craving will diminish accordingly. In the meantime, do the best you can. Sometimes it is just baby steps and soon you have accomplished alot. You and your son will be in my prayers. I wish you peace.

Deanie

Comment

Dear Em,

I sent you an email. I just wanted to send a personal touch.
          You will get through this and be stronger because of it.

They say "adversity makes you bitter or better".

I'm livin proof that you can survive and come out on the other end almost sane!

We have always been a patriotic family, but never thought any of my kids would go that route. The Lord only knows why he did it. He grew up a lot while there and learned lessons that could only come from that sort of place. He came home determined to finish school and make his life count.

This was posted on my tvs and computer......."God has not given the spirit of fear...but of power and of love and of a SOUND mind".
          Try not to focus on the news and stay busy but do take time every day to "BE STILL and KNOW that HE is GOD".

:l :l
          Nancy

Comment

Oh and btw.................

Thank you and your son or husband or any other loved ones now serving.... Thank you...

Nancy:h

Comment

GratefulEm............please show up and post.........I promise it will help.:l Nancy & Belle

Comment

How are you?

Grateful Em?? I just got back from seeing brother return, so it does happen....years ago when he went (2) I didn't think he ever would.....Hope you are alright, and you are not hopeless, if you are, I am TOTALLY!!!:upset: I have been worse than ever before and during this trip (?????)Have no idea how to handle these emotions I guess, Hang in there and PLEASE post, we care!!!!!

MUCH LOVE AND HUGS!!!:l

Mary Anne

Comment

Working...
                X