Army thread Jan 8 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread Jan 8 2009

Cheers everyone. Boss has called me into a meeting at his house. Hope I'm not in trouble!!! Wish me luck. Anycase will check in tomorrow morning. Have a great AF day everyone!!
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Army thread Jan 8 2009

Good luck Johnny. See ya tomorrow!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Army thread Jan 8 2009

Good morn, Army!

Day 6 for me and counting..you all sound great. I really look forward to visiting with you all here .

My daughters basketball coach gave them some points about what it takes to be a winner and I thought I would share them here with you. They seem to fit with our plan.

1. To be consistent rather than occasional
        2. To go through a problem rather than around it
        3. To get something out of all situations rather than complain
        4. To do more rather than enough or less
        5. To share with and help others
        6. To think about solutions rather than worry about the problem
        7. To accept adversity as part of the game of life
        8. To think and act positively
        9. To make a commitment
        10 To think: I CAN, I WANT TO, I WILL.

There is a winner in all of us.

We can beat the beast.

Your ST. J
        Toughen up!

Comment

Army thread Jan 8 2009

Good morning Army!

Starts, that was a GREAT cost-benefit analysis (CBA)! I wonder whether (or not) the items you have listed under "benefits" will ever change? I have noticed that DG's CBA keeps changing, as she realizes that the things she thought were benefits, really were not... In my own CBA, the only benefits that I have listed are: First, the very brief feeling of pleasure after the first 2 drinks, and before the third; and, second, fitting in with others who are drinking. But that last one is brief, too, actually. If they are light or moderate drinkers, I am only appearing to fit in, during the first drink (and usually I'd had a couple of drinks before even meeting up with them); and after that, I was always drinking faster and wanting more... And if they were drunks... then, who wants to "fit in" with them????

AK Mom I'm so glad you are back here and posting! I love the avatar, and I have to ask: how can it be foggy when it is 40 degrees below zero? Seems like the fog itself would be frozen... Come over and post on the AF daily thread, too, OK? It's gotten a lot livelier lately...

I hope everyone here has a great day!

Comment

Army thread Jan 8 2009

hi all -
            I am thinking of maybe hanging out here a bit...have been needing some extra help lately -
            St John, I really like that. That seems to apply to all areas of life, and as I am feeling a bit adrift I am going to write that down...
            Lila

Comment

Army thread Jan 8 2009

Thanks Oney! And, I agree... that list is SO applicable to getting free from alcohol, St. John! Very good!

Comment

Army thread Jan 8 2009

thanks Oney!!

Comment

Army thread Jan 8 2009

And mine!!!!
                  Welcome Lila!

Comment

Army thread Jan 8 2009

And welcome SJ, great post!

Hi Wippy, I think I will probably always see them as "benefits" maybe..but the costs will ALWAYS FAR outweigh the benefits

Comment

Army thread Jan 8 2009

have to go make breakfast for the little ones - check back later, probably oftener than is healthy....

Comment

Army thread Jan 8 2009

Lila, just do whatever works, its miles better than drinking....

Comment

Army thread Jan 8 2009

johnnyh;513678 wrote: Dikkiebows??? Are you talking about my bow tie?! You'd better not
                          I bloody am...:H

Comment

Army thread Jan 8 2009

I need a bit of inspiration as I have drifted. I am going to go work out in a few minutes, and that is a big boost. I was surprised, actually.

Comment

Army thread Jan 8 2009

Back from the clinic. Dr. is making arrangements for tests at the hospital...She isn't sure what's going on??....so tests are needed.
                              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Army thread Jan 8 2009

Evie ... Sorry to hear that. Hope everything wit the test go ok. Sending you get well wishes x x x

Comment

Working...
                                X