hi again to all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi again to all!

hi guys im not new to this site, joined long long time ago but been on such a bender that ive been hiding away for the past 8mths!
    so back again and started day 1 yestersay. went to see my gp cos needed extra help he was orrible and just chucked me a presrciption and said "good luck" and out i went.
    but feeling positive and hopeful this time, im coming up 35 in a couple of weeks and know that i gotta do this now or im doomed!!
    just thought id check in here to get some friends behind me and some inspration that i have had over the past attempts, but this time im just so hopeful it is it.
    im through with the al taking control of me, i have a great hubby and 2 gorgeous girls who need me and they are so supportive of me, its crazy i couldnt do this before, i feel i let them down constantly , but hey we all know how powerful al is eh?
    so heres to day 2, im off on a mammoth walk with my wee doggie then gonna start my sit ups ( gotta shift that vino belly) lol
    take care all and love u lots

sweetlips xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:h

hi again to all!

Hey Sweetlips. Welcome (back). Well done for coming back here and the 2 days in the bag this far. I am sure you will do it. Stay in touch.
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

hi again to all!

Hi Sweetlips.... Nice to meet you.. I know you will have alot of support here.... This site is the only way I have gotten to day 4. Good luck.

Tee

Comment

hi again to all!

Welcome back sweetlips. Some doctors are total pigs, where is their support? Good that you are feeling positive. I am of a similar age and likewise I want to kick this before it gets worse and takes over my life completely. You know that we are all with you on your journey, and a lot of us have bellies to shift too.

Comment

hi again to all!

Maybe you should go look for a doctor actually. I have been incredibly fortunate with my doctor he is really, really great and understanding. I went there Tuesday afternoon to get my subscription for more Antabuse and told him that I was on day (aem.... count...) 27 than. He almost jumped up from his chair and said I had really made his day. He is a fantastic doc.!!!
          So maybe go around and look for a doc who seems to be a bit more up with the time and who doesn't leave of stigmas.
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

hi again to all!

Welcome back sweetlips!!

Twosox

Comment

Working...
            X