So Sad My Heart Hurts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Sad My Heart Hurts

Oh, Be, so very sorry for what you're experiencing.

Sounds like you now have a plan! Bringing your brother up near you is a great idea.

Good luck with everything.
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

So Sad My Heart Hurts

I am so sorry you are hurting.I am the oldest with 2 younger brothers, one in VA. dieing of cancer. All 3 of us kids are alcoholics..It runs deep in our family. I want to help you anyway that i can. Please PM me if you think I can help in anyway.
      Neither one of my brothers has spoken to me since i wouldn't go to step dad's funeral in NOV.
      Your brothers are so fortunate to have you as a big sister...Don't let the power of AL make you think different than that.
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

So Sad My Heart Hurts

aidan your post made me cry, thanks, that's so sweet. Thanks, savvy and Evie.

Our family has it's share of alcoholics, too. I won't let AL get the best of me. I tried to solve all
        of my problems with drugs and AL and it just don't work.

I emailed my brother and he answered. I emailed him back with the invite to come up. Cross your fingers, buddies!

Love,
        Be
        "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

So Sad My Heart Hurts

:l

you have been there for so many folks.
          This is just a really big hug

Comment

So Sad My Heart Hurts

oh sweety, i'm soo sorry. Listen, there are agencies out there. Care agencies which will do anything and everything, if you want them to just check in and have a cup of tea with him, they will, if you feel he needs more care then they'll do whatever you want.
            BE, you need to think about yourself and your family. I know we want to save everyone but you have to understand that it is not possible. You're doing the best you can and you need to put yourself first. You have a family BE, a business A full on life! Take a step down. Let him know you're there for him but live for you and your family. I'm sorry this sounds harsh but the same thing is happening in my family. Tell him you love him everyday, do you best but DON'T put it on top of your life and family.

Comment

So Sad My Heart Hurts

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you, BE. What a wonderful, caring, and giving, person you are.

I know that I would do the same thing in a heart beat for one of my family members. Although I don't like them very much right now; it is the alcohol that has turned them into angry individuals. Been there, myself. I had no help in the beginning. BUT I would do it for them. Kudos to you

Let us know what happens!

Comment

So Sad My Heart Hurts

Becoming,

You are a beautiful person. I am sending many positive thoughts your way and your brother's way. Take care of yourself so that you have the strength to properly take care of others....please don't forget to take care YOU
                Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                - George Jackson

Comment

So Sad My Heart Hurts

Becoming,

It sounds like you are doing all that you can. As someone mentioned earlier, you have done so well supporting and being the concrete blocks to hold your family up. You can only do so much. I fully believe we are to be honest with our family members, offer what help we can, do what we can, but ultimately their choices are theirs and you cannot shoulder the burden.

As you probably read, my father committed suicide this past Sunday after alcohol took his mind. We have all struggled with "what if...." and feeling like we did not do enough. Only you can decide whether a visit to him would be in order, but I hope you can contact some agencies who can check in on him on a consistent basis. You cannot give up your life because of his poor choices.

I wish I had more comfort to offer, but I am here if you need to PM or talk. I wish you strength and peace right now. Stay strong.

P4T
                  If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

So Sad My Heart Hurts

Thanks so much

I can't tell you how much your posts have meant to me and have helped me. I just can't even begin to explain.

I have emailed my brother and talked with my mother. My nephew, David, has never returned my call.

My brother emailed back and said he'd rather not come up because of looking for a job. I feel good about inviting him and he knows he's always welcome here. He is also hopeful his old company will take him back as his ex-boss is doing something to help with that. He types well and seemed to be his same old grumpy self. Not self-destructive, though. I will keep in touch with him by both phone and email for now. A lot of you are right, I have too much on my lap with my family as it is. My 17-year-old son just emailed a bit of a bombshell to me and I need to deal with my family first. Not to mention running two businesses out of my office. Thanks for the help with that, all of you.

To share your losses as you have, thank you, and I'm so sorry you've had to go through that. If you guys weren't here I probably would have made the wrong decision. I'm glad you were all here for support. You really helped me out.

Love, :h
                    Be
                    "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

So Sad My Heart Hurts

Eek, how did I miss this whole thread? Big warm hugs to you, Be. Take care of you.
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                      X