I'm not sure I'm strong enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had therapy yesterday and what do you think I did last nite? I drank. It was day 4.

I feel real strong sometimes and stronger now more than before but I thought I could have a glass of wine. Nope. I drank too much but I am not angry with myself. I will just start over again. I kind of just feel sad.

I am going to try to make some plans after therapy each week and maybe it will help me replace going home to drink. Sometimes it's just hard b/c if I have an intense session, I want to go home and sleep.

Do I keep a positive attitude? I don't know how I can
    __________________________________________________ _

Love yourself enough to walk away from what no longer serves you.

NZ; therapy can be exhausting. Working on ourselves is exhausting. If you need to sleep, then sleep. Maybe journal? Or come here? We are here for you. PM me anytime. I am kind of in the same boat.

Do take care,
    CS

Comment

Hi Now and Zen

Are you new to therapy?

When I first started I had all kinds of intense feelings and would want to get drunk after the sessions.

I think you should talk to your therapist about this and tell him or her what happened. It may be that you need a cooling down/calm down period before you leave so you don't go from all this intensity out into the world again.

And you are right not to beat yourself up about it. This is a big struggle for you and you don't have it licked yet.

Comment

Nowandzen,

I did exactly the same thing as you. What i learnt from it was that i need a plan for after my therapy sessions due to the emotions that get released.

I'd got about 10 days up when i blew and trust me i did it big time but am now back on day 4 AF.

Good Luck!

Comment

Hey Now. You get knocked down, you get up again. Looks like you got the right attitude. Had a similar situation 2 or 3 weeks ago where I was going through an emotional situation (sickly enough reg my drinking) and the first thing I thought about was going home and knocking a couple down to numb myself. I did resist thankfully. Keep it up. You are doing great!!
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Working...
          X