Paul Gasgoine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul Gasgoine

There was a tv programme on the other night in the UK about Paul Gasgoine (Gazza).. I was wondering if anyone else watched it? I didnt get to see what happened in the end because my mum rang. What i did see though was disturbing.

For those who dont know Gazza was a high profile english football player in the 90's who was very talented but also an alcaholic..The programe showed the effects of his drinking on him and his family..From what i saw it was the children who have had the roughest trip..It broke my heart when his youngest a 12 yr old boy said he wanted to just give up on him.

Did anyone else watch it?
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Paul Gasgoine

Hey thanks guys. I'll definately check it out. I hope it won't disturb me as much as rain on me. that took a toll on me but was a great wake up.
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Paul Gasgoine

I see what you mean. Just watched it. Gotta feel sorry for the family. Makes you kinda realise doesnt' it?! (Though I cannot remember having gone on a drinking binge tour with Iron Maiden or the likes )
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Paul Gasgoine

lol , butt you got to change that pic,wow,seems lke they have a reall problem over there,with addiction.anyone watch interventions,i dont want to offend i probably will,wake up to reality,what you put in the body,will effect the body,all of you folks are so smart,doctor gives you a pill for depression,why are you depressed,tell him the truth,but we dont,how many beers you drink a day,3,not actually 15,well now you no why your depressed,i came here in june of 08,sober,with no fault of yours i ran into complications,my hole family drinks,i watch,i fall,not fail,you are your own booze control board,hope it helps gyco

Comment

Paul Gasgoine

yeah. thanks One. I know Internvention. They used to play it quite regularly on our sat tv on reality tv. Quite heavy at times. Not sure if they're still playing it there. That's probably a little bit of Rain on me and Gazza.

Lol. I gotta agree with Gyco. That butt of yours is very distracting
          AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Paul Gasgoine

Well, I live in the US, and had not heard of him, but I watched the entire series on YouTube, and it made me really, really sad. He seems like he was a major, major superstar at one time.

Comment

Paul Gasgoine

Well, I struggled through 1 - 7 on Youtube.

Very sad.

Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
              X