What Made you Stop Drinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ramble on Accountable...ramble on. I always look forward to your posts, right from the heart...which touches mine in return.

Big hugs!
    My creed; "Be the friend you seek, the spouse yours deserves and the Parent your children need"

Comment

Thanks aidanspappa. I do ramble; but it helps me immensely by dumping my story off here and there.... :H

Namaste

Comment

My creed; "Be the friend you seek, the spouse yours deserves and the Parent your children need"

Comment

aidenspappa, that was a beautiful story.

ylfa and accoutable, I can so relate.

Our children are such gifts. Sometimes they have more wisdom and unerstanding than we realize.
          Thank you all for sharing. It has helped me tremedously

Comment

aidanspappa;514918 wrote: I have only today to make sure he knows I love him; and every day after that. How? By showing him how to respect yourself...with my actions, not my words. He copies everything I do; and it is the best feeling in the world. I promise never to ignore that responsibility again.
            This post was truly beautiful ... an award winning post!
            I have a motto I live by now..."Live in such a way that there will be no regrets when someone else follow in your footsteps."
            Eve11
            "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

I stopped when I realized that my one-day of drinking and then stopping was rolling into two full days. I used to drink one day and take the next off. The one-day would fill my "need". Then one day wouldn't fill it. So I would keep going into the second day. By the second day I couldn't even speak clearly but I would keep drinking. It opened my eyes. I knew I was a better person than the person I was presenting. I didn't want my family, friends, and strangers to see me in such a low. People know me as the guy that can party, can go all night, kind of an asshole...messy. It was, is finally time to change that stigmatism.

Comment

GG;515172 wrote: People know me as the guy that can party, can go all night, kind of an asshole...messy. It was, is finally time to change that stigmatism.
                Saw a guy one time wearing a hat that said "Instant asshole - just add alcohol".
                LOL. I'm sure you can relate.
                Thanks for sharing.
                Eve11
                "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                X