Mid Life Crisis..for real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been living in a world of hell for 2 years now. I truely think that my husband is going thru male menopause.....aka...midlife crisis. He is 49, suffering some health probs, not as financially stable as he would like to be and we have 2 teens. He has, as times, opened up and said that he doesn't understand what is happening with him. I have hung because I took vows and truely believe that this is sickness. (sickness and health etc).... I never thought I would be in this position. We have ALWAYS agreed on most everything...money, family, living area, kids....I don't know but I feel that I have to hang in, the question is ............how long? Anyone been thru Midlife crisis...........MALES OR FEMALES advise welcome.

yea i guess you could say i have it is not easy for either sex,relationships are somthin you really have t o work on and i would say 65 percent is done by most women just to find out there hubs are out goofin off,or the other 35 percent the women are messing up,does he have a drinking prob,or you do by what im reading,my wif and i have been married 33 years this year no fadelity on either part,close and for allmy drinking years and blackouts who knows but i was a home body,dam how did i miss your threads gyco

Comment

I'm having mid-life crap going on, primarily in the form of hormones making me insane. But also I can credit entering "mid-40s" for smacking me upside the head and saying, "So you're about halfway through, and WTF are you doing? You gonna just keep waiting til tomorrow to get your shit together??" -- so I got a grip and quit drinking.

In my very limited experience it seems this age brings us LOTS of questioning about how we live our lives, which means that we are questioning the very essence of our selves. And that can surely shake anybody up.
      FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

I am 33, so not a mid life crisis yet, but a general 'life' crisis I have lots of experience of!
        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Yep.....men go through that crap too. We tend to slow down, but we don't die. Ha! If your on meds. that will effect your performance. It's hell getting old ! Ha! IAD
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

We can call it what we want, but abuse by any name is abuse. We have to look out for ourselves when the other person has a choice and we too have problems.
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Can you be more specific about what is going on as far as changes? Sometimes, like me, people are just normally bitchy
              Goal 1: Today
              Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Lukalee.........bitching comes with territory....Ha! I have to deal with it everyday ! LOL IAD.
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

IAD-I wonder why!!!!
                  Goal 1: Today
                  Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Yes my dear.........I might be an ass. but at least my kids have made it .....Oldest Jr. becoming a Teacher .....my daughter has gotten a schorlship to the U. MD. for Vet. Med. Iad. and my youngest son is involved with computer science projects......yes I'm a dumb ass, but my kids are'nt ! IAD ( I spent 35 years working for the NSA......I have nothing else to say. IAD )
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Lukalee..........Take care , best wishes......IAD
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                      X