Army Thread 11th January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 11th January

I've inherited a funny, quirky habit though, think it comes from my father, cos my mum always used to comment on it, as he did it.

If I have a drink (AL, coffee, anything) and finish it, I never seem to remember and have to check...
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Night Bandit! Hope you feel better in the morning!
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Bandit, I think I know what you mean... Are you doing any self-hypnosis, or visualization, meditation, any of that?

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Very upsetting to see him go through what he has been through and his poor family.

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Night Bandy and LTG x x

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Wish - I still do that, check doors and stuff, sometimes you do stuff in auto-pilot and don't remember. There's nothing crazy about going back to check. Now when you start checking the same plug 12 times and do some weird head motion to check the thermostat on your fish tank 12 times - now that is just plain weird. Just imagine, the fish tank was by my bed (?!?), so I would hang of the bed bobbing up and down like a crazy person. Now imagine me doing that after 20 shots of vodka...

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Hi Vlad!
                WIP - no I have not yet really started. I have read a little about meditation techniques but with Christmas and being sick etc. I have not given it proper attention. I need to though and it will be a good strategy for me to start this week I think. I need to find some physical space in the house to do it too. My husband has the whole place full of his computers etc. (he fixes them) but he has promised to do a big clear out. I don't work well when the house is so cluttered and it depresses me.
                Thanks
                xx
                There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

vlad;517223 wrote: I would hang of the bed bobbing up and down like a crazy person. Now imagine me doing that after 20 shots of vodka...
                  OH NO!!! I just DID imagine that... and I'm afraid I will never be able to get the image back out of my head!!! Help!!!!

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

vlad;517223 wrote: Wish - I still do that, check doors and stuff, sometimes you do stuff in auto-pilot and don't remember. There's nothing crazy about going back to check. Now when you start checking the same plug 12 times and do some weird head motion to check the thermostat on your fish tank 12 times - now that is just plain weird. Just imagine, the fish tank was by my bed (?!?), so I would hang of the bed bobbing up and down like a crazy person. Now imagine me doing that after 20 shots of vodka...
                    LMAO ... Getting to the stage now where my parents count how long it takes me to come downstairs and check the doors, then they count how many times i check the doors. I don't do the plug thing though but now you've mentioned it i will prob check them all before bed, LOL

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Bandit - our spare room is just full of computer bits (my husband does the same, well actually he does network support). We have 3 servers in the attic!

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Bandit;517225 wrote: Hi Vlad!
                        WIP - no I have not yet really started. I have read a little about meditation techniques but with Christmas and being sick etc. I have not given it proper attention. I need to though and it will be a good strategy for me to start this week I think.
                        Well, give me a shout if you want to ask about meditation stuff... Alan Marlatt has developed a relapse prevention program using the type of program that I teach... I find it extremely helpful... and yes it does take some time, and discipline, etc., pretty much in the same way that an exercise program does... but, like exercise... really worth it.

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

No you bloody wont!!!
                          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

Wish Upon a Star;517230 wrote: LMAO ... Getting to the stage now where my parents count how long it takes me to come downstairs and check the doors, then they count how many times i check the doors. I don't do the plug thing though but now you've mentioned it i will prob check them all before bed, LOL
                            Don't! Pray that God will keep you safe through the night instead!

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

A Work in Progress;517227 wrote: OH NO!!! I just DID imagine that... and I'm afraid I will never be able to get the image back out of my head!!! Help!!!!
                              :H:H:H

Comment

Army Thread 11th January

cymru;517234 wrote: No you bloody wont!!!
                                :H:H:H:H:H

Comment

Working...
                                X